By Alfred Okoko
Arthritis has been described as a chronic degenerative condition that affects the healthy functions of the body joints and tissues. Over a hundred different types have been identified and are named according to their location and tissues affected. The most common types include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid and gouty forms. Most of the conventional therapies focus on suppression of inflammation, pain and swelling. However, these are but manifestations of arthritis not the root cause. A more holistic approach would therefore help address the underlying root causes while the conventional approaches provide symptomatological relief. An integrative approach to healing would benefit those who are affected better. Right living and thinking lifestyles would also help prevent, halt or even reverse arthritis.
Arthritis Home Remedies
Arthritis and Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are a nutrient dense source. It exerts powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. These are exactly what we want in a person afflicted with arthritis. It’s a product that does not require a prescription. Buy it from your food store and start enjoying it’s full content of amazing nutrients and health benefits. Did you know that Chia seeds:
- Has a higher content of calcium than milk?
- Has more Omega 3 fatty acids than sardines?
- Has a high fiber content?
- Is a rich source of niacin?
- Is a rich source of magnesium?
Arthritis and Apple Cider Vinegar
This combination is so powerful when it comes to arthritis management. Obesity is one major contributory factor in cases of osteoarthritis.
This combination helps in boosting digestion and weight loss. They help in cholesterol Lowering especially the bad type. They also have a rich content of antioxidants. These are essential in fighting arthritis damage to the body cellular structures. Chronic inflammation is a major characteristic in arthritis. This combination also exerts a powerful anti-inflammatory effect helping those with arthritis have a better quality of life.
Arthritis and Turmeric Mixed With Ginger
Turmeric and Ginger have always been used to deal with arthritis in the oldern days.
We are just starting to relearn what was known by our ancestors. Actually the two herbs or spices are powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory products. They therefore act synergistically to help n neutralising the tormenting pain and inflammation in arthritis.
Arthritis and Potato Juice
Well potato Juice contains a host of anti-inflammatory compounds. Therefore these can come handy for the person suffering from arthritis of the joints or back. Well the potato belongs to the nightshade group of plants with others like bell peppers, egg plant and tomatoes. They contain solanine. Some people claim that solanine promotes their arthritic pain. Therefore use cautiously lest you be one of them.
Arthritis and Flaxseeds
Flaxseeds are quiet nutritious. They have a host of properties that help in arthritis management. These excellent properties include:
- Promotes weight loss
- Lowers cholesterol
- Rich in antioxidants
- Rich in Omega 3 fatty acids
- Promotes digestive health
- High in fiber
Arthritis and Sesame Seeds
Sesame are useful in arthritis relief. They are nutrient rich and dense. They exert the following health benefits for those suffering from arthritis:
- Promote digestive health
- Lowers cholesterol
- Reduces inflammation
- Promotes bone health
Arthritis and Epsom Salts Foot Bath
Epsom salts are used as a salt bath. It’s rich in magnesium. The nutrients in epsom salt are absorbed through the skin then relayed to their point of action. The following are the benefits to someone afflicted with arthritis:
- It soothes sprains and bruises
- Its pain relieving
- It exerts anti-inflammatory properties
- Improves blood circulation hence helps reduce swelling
- It improves the digestion process
Arthritis and Water
Water plays a major role in our bodies. The lubricating fluids in our joints are mainly comprised of water. Our joint protective cartilage is also made up of water mainly. From this then we can see that dehydration or lack of drinking adequate water may in the long term destroy our joints. Water also helps in dissolving and elimination of the acidic metabolic wastes. If adequate water is not available these salts are deposited in our joints damaging them in the process. No wonder then that since most people are poor at drinking water their arthritis may have this as the root cause. Remedy? Drink plenty of water!
Arthritis and Wine
This is quiet a controversial subject to some of you. Wine contains a rich database of antioxidants from the fruits they’ve been derived from. These components also have anti-inflammatory effects. Therefore wine in moderation may help in arthritis relief
Arthritis and Physical Activities
Our joints were designed to move. Our muscles gain power through movement. When you don’t move your joints they freeze. Walking will now become a major problem. Obesity is next due to leading a sedentary lifestyle. The cumulative effect will be the worsening of your joint health and inability to now lift the extra baggage. Walk for at least 20 minutes daily and help burn the extra calories. Make your joints flexible. Excercise your muscles and give them power.
Arthritis and Herbal Tea
When we talk about tea we mean any herbal teas. Green tea is commonly available. Teas are generally rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Therefore it’s a plus for them in helping provide relief in arthritis.
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces …
- 7 Benefits of Black Pepper- Pentaglax Home RemediesBlack pepper(Piper Nigrum L) is rich in antioxidants, especially piperine, which has been found to …
- Depression: Brightening Your Mood With Food – Pentaglax Home RemediesDepression is actually a mental illness that is characterized by gloom over virtually every aspect …