By Alfred Okoko
Fibroids are non-cancerous masses growing on the uterine walls. They may also be referred to as :
One may have either one or multiple fibroids on different locations on the uterus. Their rate of growth varies. Some cases are slow while others may be rapid. We know that genetic factors may also have a role to play hence the variance. The size of the fibroids also vary greatly. Some may be just like a dot. Others maybe as large as a grapefruit. They can actually hinder freedom of movement due to their size and weight. With them comes a lot of pain and disruption of conducting ones daily chores.One may have either one or multiple fibroids on different locations on the uterus. Their rate of growth varies. Some cases are slow while others may be rapid. We know that genetic factors may also have a role to play hence the variance. The size of the fibroids also vary greatly. Some may be just like a dot. Others maybe as large as a grapefruit. They can actually hinder freedom of movement due to their size and weight. With them comes a lot of pain and disruption of conducting ones daily chores.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Should women have hysterectomies? I wouldn’t recommend it unless it’s a matter of either life or death. It is known that at menopause when estrogen levels drop, most fibroids vanish. There are a lot of alternative practices focussed on right thinking and living that may help shrink and dissolve these fibroids. When operated, most recur again. Therefore it is better first to try out safer natural options and avoid the knife.
We have a number of symptoms. Some of the most common are tabulated below:
- During sexual intercourse one may experience pain
- Some pelvic pain and pressure may be felt
- A high frequency of the urge to urinate
- Manifestation of anemia
- Problems with fertility
- Bloating and constipation issues
- Heavy menstrual flow
Methods of Diagnosis
Some of the common methods of diagnosis consists of:
- A pelvic MRI
- Checking of the condition of the shape and size of the uterus
- Endometrial biopsying
- An ultrasound may be undertaken
- Hysteroscopy examination
The exact causes of this condition are still unknown. However, there is a relationship between fibroid growth and excessive levels of human estrogen and progesterone. It has also been observed that African American women seems to have a higher incidence rate than other groups in the US.
Recommendation to See Your Doctor
It is important that you report to your doctor immediately if you recognize the following:
- Infertility and miscarriages
- Having painful menses
- Profuse and prolonged bleeding during menses
- Swelling of the lower abdomen
- Painful sexual intercourse
There are a number of treatment and each basically depends on the assessment of each individual unique case. For example you can’t take an aggressive action of hysterectomy or removal of the uterus to a young lady who has no child unless it’s a life or death case. Some of the common options include:
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE) – In this procedure the main goal is to deny the fibroid its blood supply system through surgical disconnection. This in effect results in the shrinking of the uterine fibroid.
- Laparoscopic Myolysis – This procedure may be done on an out patient basis. It’s suitable in cases where large fibroids exist. In this procedure either laser or electric current are directed to the fibroid utilising special needles to burn them. This procedure helps shrink the sturbbon fibroids.
- Hysteroscopic Resection – In this procedure a surgical instrument is used to remove the fibroid. These are removed through the vagina then the remaining areas are cauterized.
Plants with Fibroid-Fighting Phytonutrients
A number of foods and herbs contain nutrients and compounds that are known to help lower oestrogen levels in the body. Some important ones include:
- Milk Thistle
- Organic meat
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
Other Methods for Fighting Fibroids Naturally
There are a number of interventions that are natural, safe and are within your control with discipline of course. A simple summary comprises of:
- Excercise and fitness
- Diet Therapy
- Obesity and weight management
- Stress management
- Relaxation and sleep
- Avoiding processed and refined foods
These may contribute greatly in creating the desired health status in your life.
Foods to Avoid with Fibroids
Foods may promote estrogen levels to go up and cause fibroids to grow. A summary of some suspect harmful foods are as follows:
- Refined carbohydrates
- High fat dairy products
- Processed and refined foods
- Salty foods
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home RemediesBrewers yeast, also known as nutritional yeast, is a fungus that is commonly used as a dietary supplement due to its nutritional properties. It is rich in B vitamins, proteins, fiber, and other essential minerals that make it an amazing superfood with numerous health benefits. Brewers yeast nutrition Brewer’s yeast is a type of fungusContinue reading “10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home RemediesA 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies is the perfect guide for anyone looking to manage their arthritis symptoms naturally and safely. Written by an experienced medical professional, this book provides a comprehensive overview of the different alternative treatments available for those suffering from arthritis. It covers everything from dietary and lifestyle interventions, toContinue reading “A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies”
- Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home RemediesHealing with natural energy has been practiced throughout the ages, but it has experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. Natural energies can be harnessed and used to help restore balance and well being to people suffering from physical and emotional ailments. Examples of natural healing include Reiki, acupuncture, homeopathy, herbalism, yoga, and meditation.Continue reading “Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home Remedies”
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesArthritis is a common chronic condition that causes painful inflammation and joint damage. For those living with arthritis, finding relief from the pain can be a challenge. Fortunately, there is mounting evidence to suggest that extra virgin olive oil may offer some relief from arthritis symptoms. Extra virgin olive oil is one of the mostContinue reading “Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesPeppermint and eucalyptus oil blend for arthritis is an effective way to treat and manage the pain, inflammation, and other symptoms associated with the condition. This natural remedy has been used in traditional medicine for centuries, and more recent research has revealed its potential benefits. We will discuss how a blend of peppermint and eucalyptusContinue reading “Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”