By Alfred Okoko
Tamarind is a plant whose fruits are usually used in flavoring dishes in asian restaurants. Some people add it to spice up their cup of porridge. It is used in either powder, sauce or paste form.
Tamarind actually has a number of health benefits that is not known to most people. Majority only add it to their porridge to enjoy the taste. However, its nutrtional constitution gives it a number of health benefits including the treatment of jaundice, cellulite and inflammation suppression. The oil is also useful on application to the hair and skin.
Also check Gout: Symptoms, Causes and Natural Remedies
1. Weigh Loss Management
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Dietary Fibre
The tamarind helps in depressing appetite. This helps in weight management. It also helps in breaking down bad cholesterol and elimination. Tamarind is also rich in fiber.
Also check Healing the Body Through the Mind
2. Diabetes Management
Tamarind has components that help stabilise the blood sugar. It has nutrients that may also help in the repair of the damaged pancreatic cells.
Also check Freedom From Arthritis Naturally
Tamarind has antiparasitic properties . It helps in dealing with malaria parasites
Also check 8 Amazing Benefits of Squat Exercises
4. Peptic Ulcers Management
Tamarind is beneficial to the gastroduodenal mucosal membrane. It has components that help to protect the membrane from corrosive digestive juices.
5. Liver Health
Tamarind helps detoxify the liver cells. This helps enhance the liver function and overall health.
6. Heart Health
The cardiovascular system has one major enemy – bad cholesterol. This form of cholesterol is normally deposited in the arteries leading to arteriosclerosis or narrowing of the arteries. This can affect the heart leading to to cardiac arrest. Tamarind helps control the bad cholesterol in the body hence boosts the heart health.
Also check 8 Common Causes of Fatigue and Low Energy
Tamarind contains a rich database of antioxidants. Vitamin A, C, E, flavonoids, etc are found in abundance. These help neutralise the free radicals formed in cells during the oxidation process hence halting cellular damage and cancer genesis.
Tamarind helps speed up the digestive process efficiency. It also acts as a laxative and may help handle indigestion and constipation.
9. Nerve Function
Tamarind has a number of nutrients that promote nerve health. It has a rich vitamin b combination for this purpose and other vital nutrients
10. High Blood Pressure
Tamarind is friendly to the cardiovascular health. It helps prevent the narrowing of the arteries hence helps in lowering the pressure in the arteries. It also has potassium, calcium and magnesium which are useful in high blood pressure management.
Also check 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Rosemary Tea
11. Dietary Fiber
Tamarind contains dietary fiber that is essential in the prevention and reversal of common lifestyle disease whose root causes are the consumption of processed and refined foods. Cancer, diabetes, heart problems, stroke etc are suspected lifestyle diseases. They seem to occur amongst populations who consume less fiber in their diets.
12. Immune Boost
Tamarind has a number of nutrients that help fortify the immune function. Vitamins A, C,E, Selenium and Zinc play a major role in immune health. We also have other antioxidants such as flavonoids and polyphenols.
14. Cholesterol Lowering
Obesity and other lifestyle diseases are being blamed on the consumption of highly processed and refined foods. These promote bad cholesterol elevation hence commences the onset of lifestyle diseases. Tamarind contains compounds that help neutralise the effects of bad cholesterol.
16. Inflammation Suppression
Inflammation has been identified to be the root cause of most chronic degenerative disorders. Arthritis, allergies etc. Tamarind has anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore it is useful in both the prevention and management of these conditions.
Arthritis is defined as a chronic inflammatory disorder of the joints and tissues. Inflammation leads to pain. Generally Inflammation is a natural response in healing damaged tissues. However, prolonged Inflammation like in arthritis is problematic. Tamarind is rich in antioxidants that help in neutralising this.
Also check 7 Powerful Arthritis Home Remedies
Tamarind improves the digestive process. The rich dietary fiber component also helps in working on constipation. Therefore it exerts a laxative effect.
19. Skin and Hair Health
Tamarind oil is useful in both the.skin and hair health. It’s antiaging and is also useful in cellulite management. Tamarind prevents hair loss.
Asthma is a condition characterized with allergy and Inflammation. Tamarind components are capable of providing relief through it’s anti-inflammatory actions. It also has antibacterial properties and may also help fight off any infections.
- 10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home RemediesBrewers yeast, also known as nutritional yeast, is a fungus that is commonly used as a dietary supplement due to its nutritional properties. It is rich in B vitamins, proteins, fiber, and other essential minerals that make it an amazing superfood with numerous health benefits. Brewers yeast nutrition Brewer’s yeast is a type of fungusContinue reading “10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home RemediesA 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies is the perfect guide for anyone looking to manage their arthritis symptoms naturally and safely. Written by an experienced medical professional, this book provides a comprehensive overview of the different alternative treatments available for those suffering from arthritis. It covers everything from dietary and lifestyle interventions, toContinue reading “A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies”
- Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home RemediesHealing with natural energy has been practiced throughout the ages, but it has experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. Natural energies can be harnessed and used to help restore balance and well being to people suffering from physical and emotional ailments. Examples of natural healing include Reiki, acupuncture, homeopathy, herbalism, yoga, and meditation.Continue reading “Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home Remedies”
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesArthritis is a common chronic condition that causes painful inflammation and joint damage. For those living with arthritis, finding relief from the pain can be a challenge. Fortunately, there is mounting evidence to suggest that extra virgin olive oil may offer some relief from arthritis symptoms. Extra virgin olive oil is one of the mostContinue reading “Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesPeppermint and eucalyptus oil blend for arthritis is an effective way to treat and manage the pain, inflammation, and other symptoms associated with the condition. This natural remedy has been used in traditional medicine for centuries, and more recent research has revealed its potential benefits. We will discuss how a blend of peppermint and eucalyptusContinue reading “Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”