By Alfred Okoko
Tamarind is a plant whose fruits are usually used in flavoring dishes in asian restaurants. Some people add it to spice up their cup of porridge. It is used in either powder, sauce or paste form.
Tamarind actually has a number of health benefits that is not known to most people. Majority only add it to their porridge to enjoy the taste. However, its nutrtional constitution gives it a number of health benefits including the treatment of jaundice, cellulite and inflammation suppression. The oil is also useful on application to the hair and skin.
Also check Gout: Symptoms, Causes and Natural Remedies
1. Weigh Loss Management
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Dietary Fibre
The tamarind helps in depressing appetite. This helps in weight management. It also helps in breaking down bad cholesterol and elimination. Tamarind is also rich in fiber.
Also check Healing the Body Through the Mind
2. Diabetes Management
Tamarind has components that help stabilise the blood sugar. It has nutrients that may also help in the repair of the damaged pancreatic cells.
Also check Freedom From Arthritis Naturally
Tamarind has antiparasitic properties . It helps in dealing with malaria parasites
Also check 8 Amazing Benefits of Squat Exercises
4. Peptic Ulcers Management
Tamarind is beneficial to the gastroduodenal mucosal membrane. It has components that help to protect the membrane from corrosive digestive juices.
5. Liver Health
Tamarind helps detoxify the liver cells. This helps enhance the liver function and overall health.
6. Heart Health
The cardiovascular system has one major enemy – bad cholesterol. This form of cholesterol is normally deposited in the arteries leading to arteriosclerosis or narrowing of the arteries. This can affect the heart leading to to cardiac arrest. Tamarind helps control the bad cholesterol in the body hence boosts the heart health.
Also check 8 Common Causes of Fatigue and Low Energy
Tamarind contains a rich database of antioxidants. Vitamin A, C, E, flavonoids, etc are found in abundance. These help neutralise the free radicals formed in cells during the oxidation process hence halting cellular damage and cancer genesis.
Tamarind helps speed up the digestive process efficiency. It also acts as a laxative and may help handle indigestion and constipation.
9. Nerve Function
Tamarind has a number of nutrients that promote nerve health. It has a rich vitamin b combination for this purpose and other vital nutrients
10. High Blood Pressure
Tamarind is friendly to the cardiovascular health. It helps prevent the narrowing of the arteries hence helps in lowering the pressure in the arteries. It also has potassium, calcium and magnesium which are useful in high blood pressure management.
Also check 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Rosemary Tea
11. Dietary Fiber
Tamarind contains dietary fiber that is essential in the prevention and reversal of common lifestyle disease whose root causes are the consumption of processed and refined foods. Cancer, diabetes, heart problems, stroke etc are suspected lifestyle diseases. They seem to occur amongst populations who consume less fiber in their diets.
12. Immune Boost
Tamarind has a number of nutrients that help fortify the immune function. Vitamins A, C,E, Selenium and Zinc play a major role in immune health. We also have other antioxidants such as flavonoids and polyphenols.
14. Cholesterol Lowering
Obesity and other lifestyle diseases are being blamed on the consumption of highly processed and refined foods. These promote bad cholesterol elevation hence commences the onset of lifestyle diseases. Tamarind contains compounds that help neutralise the effects of bad cholesterol.
16. Inflammation Suppression
Inflammation has been identified to be the root cause of most chronic degenerative disorders. Arthritis, allergies etc. Tamarind has anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore it is useful in both the prevention and management of these conditions.
Arthritis is defined as a chronic inflammatory disorder of the joints and tissues. Inflammation leads to pain. Generally Inflammation is a natural response in healing damaged tissues. However, prolonged Inflammation like in arthritis is problematic. Tamarind is rich in antioxidants that help in neutralising this.
Also check 7 Powerful Arthritis Home Remedies
Tamarind improves the digestive process. The rich dietary fiber component also helps in working on constipation. Therefore it exerts a laxative effect.
19. Skin and Hair Health
Tamarind oil is useful in both the.skin and hair health. It’s antiaging and is also useful in cellulite management. Tamarind prevents hair loss.
Asthma is a condition characterized with allergy and Inflammation. Tamarind components are capable of providing relief through it’s anti-inflammatory actions. It also has antibacterial properties and may also help fight off any infections.
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …
- 7 Benefits of Black Pepper- Pentaglax Home RemediesBlack pepper(Piper Nigrum L) is rich in antioxidants, especially piperine, which has been found to help neutralize free radicals that can damage the body’s cells and cause disease. This compound is also useful as an antibacterial, antioxidant and helps to protect the protective gastroduodenal mucosa. Black Pepper Benefits High in antioxindants Black pepper contains many …
- Depression: Brightening Your Mood With Food – Pentaglax Home RemediesDepression is actually a mental illness that is characterized by gloom over virtually every aspect of an individuals life. The body, mood and and thoughts are all involved. It has become quiet common in these modern times due to a number of factors within and outside the individuals environment. The COVID pandemic has triggered a …