High blood pressure is a condition that exists when one or both of these conditions exists:
- A systolic pressure reading exceeds 140mmHg
- A diastolic pressure reading that exceeds 90mmHg
The systolic reading is the measurement of arterial wall pressure when the heart pumps the blood. Diastolic pressure reading is the arterial wall pressure when the heart relaxes.
High blood pressure is also sometimes referred to as hypertension. It is referred to as a silent killer. In other words one may not realise it’s presence but it is silently causing damage within the cardiovascular system and other body organs.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
We are told that we are what we eat. This statement should not be taken lightly when it comes to health matters. Disease or health may be outcomes of eating. You can eat yourself to health or to disease. Interestingly then you can also eat yourself out of disease. Therefore it implies that some foods contain something that is useful for our bodies while some contain or lack something that’s useful for our health. Therefore health and wellness can be created using the correct foods. What are the correct foods? What are the wrong foods?
Organic whole foods promote health in our bodies. They are rich in nutrients and in formulations that have been authored by nature. They are nutritious. Our bodies are made up of nutrients that are found in whole plants. These are the foods that help prevent, halt or even reverse disease.
Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food is a powerful saying by Hippocrates in the year 460BC. Food is actually nature’s medicine. It may be used well and produce health. Food may also be used wrongly and produce disease. Processed and refined foods promote the production of excessive cholesterol. This is then deposited in the arteries leading to their narrowing or arteriosclerosis. This is the beginning of lifestyle diseases promotion e.g. high blood pressure, cardiac problems, stroke, obesity, arthritis etc. Due to being nutritionally deficient they promote chronic subclinical malnutrition.
The food that we eat is digested in the stomach and absorbed in the small intestines. The quality of digestion will impact the quality of absorption including the health benefits. Now, whole foods come packaged with plenty of nutrients to help in both the digestive and absorption processes. The refined and processed foods have been deprived of this whole package including fiber. Fiber helps in lowering the cholesterol levels in the body and hence helps fight preventable lifestyle diseases. The digestive system utilises a lot of energy trying to work on these unnatural foods.
Intermittent fasting basically means a period of not eating and resting the digestive tract. Only liquids e.g. natural juices and water may be consumed.
Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
- Your body cells are given a rest and recharges
- Your digestive system rests and the energy transferred to healing and repair work
- The extra fat or cholesterol depositions are broken down and elimination process commenced
- The clean up of clogged arteries will lead to lowering of blood pressure
- The body’s blood sugar is balanced
- Weight Loss commences as the body focusses on breaking down and offloading the excess baggage
- Your skin becomes youthful in look as new healthy cells are regenerated to replace the old unhealthy ones
- Your heart health benefits due to plaque build up being broken down.
- You health budget is cut down due to the new healthy status
- The brain functions are improved due to better oxygenation and nutrient supply
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Conclusively, we can see that just fasting for a few days may really add up in giving us a disease free life. Why not add it to your healthy living program combined with eating healthy?
- 10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home RemediesBrewers yeast, also known as nutritional yeast, is a fungus that is commonly used as a dietary supplement due to its nutritional properties. It is rich in B vitamins, proteins, fiber, and other essential minerals that make it an amazing superfood with numerous health benefits. Brewers yeast nutrition Brewer’s yeast is a type of fungusContinue reading “10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home RemediesA 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies is the perfect guide for anyone looking to manage their arthritis symptoms naturally and safely. Written by an experienced medical professional, this book provides a comprehensive overview of the different alternative treatments available for those suffering from arthritis. It covers everything from dietary and lifestyle interventions, toContinue reading “A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies”
- Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home RemediesHealing with natural energy has been practiced throughout the ages, but it has experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. Natural energies can be harnessed and used to help restore balance and well being to people suffering from physical and emotional ailments. Examples of natural healing include Reiki, acupuncture, homeopathy, herbalism, yoga, and meditation.Continue reading “Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home Remedies”
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesArthritis is a common chronic condition that causes painful inflammation and joint damage. For those living with arthritis, finding relief from the pain can be a challenge. Fortunately, there is mounting evidence to suggest that extra virgin olive oil may offer some relief from arthritis symptoms. Extra virgin olive oil is one of the mostContinue reading “Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesPeppermint and eucalyptus oil blend for arthritis is an effective way to treat and manage the pain, inflammation, and other symptoms associated with the condition. This natural remedy has been used in traditional medicine for centuries, and more recent research has revealed its potential benefits. We will discuss how a blend of peppermint and eucalyptusContinue reading “Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”