Peptic Ulcers is a term used to refer collectively to ulcerations occuring within the gastrointestinal tract. Gastric ulcers are located on the stomach walls. Duodenal ulcers are located at the duodenum.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
The banana is one of the most admired fruits worldwide. We have different forms of bananas including sizes. They are all useful to human health. The scientific or botanical name is Musa paradisiaca. We have green, yellow, red and even black bananas. The green long banana that is used in cooking is the one termed as plantain. We shall first look at the differences between the two.
- Ripen and are sweet
- Have a thinner skin texture
- Eaten without cooking
Green Bananas – Plantains
- Hard and unripe
- Have a thicker skin
- Eaten after cooking
The banana is rich in nutrients that are vital for healthy living. Some of the health benefits include:
- Source of vitamin C, A and B6
- Weight Management
- Helpful in anemia
- Improves the blood circulatory system
- Beneficial in heart health
- Digestive health
- Antimicrobial properties
Plantains and Ulcers
In this article we will focus on the plantain and it’s impact on the digestive health. It is claimed that bananas have the shape of the stomach hence nature’s secret revealed. Bananas are known to help strengthen the protective mucosal membrane of the stomach. This helps in protecting the stomach wall against destructive effects of both digestive juices and acid. Therefore bananas have antiulcerogenic properties. The bananas mode of action does not involve neutralising stomach acid. It promotes the thickening of the mucosal membrane on the stomach walls hence promoting resistance to acid damage. Green plantains have the best properties in ulcer management than their ripe yellow counterparts. It’s antimicrobial properties may also help in destroying the harmful gastrointestinal tract bacterium. It also has prebiotic properties hence improves the gut microbiome. A success rate of about 70% has been reported in a number of experiments worldwide.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Other Green Plantain Health Benefits
Green Plantain is normally green, hard and long. It needs peeling before use and is eaten after cooking.
Green plantain is low in sodium and fat. It has a rich fiber content and is cholesterol free. Therefore it’s a healthy product with beneficial health properties. Some of these are:
- Pectin and resistant starch that helps control blood sugar.
- Prebiotic properties highly beneficial to the gut Flora.
- Rich in potassium hence helps in blood pressure management and the body’s electrolyte balancing
- Has vitamin B6 useful in boosting the immune function.
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of essential nutrients, including magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc. Sesame seeds are also a good source of fiber and protein. Sesame seeds have many health benefits, including lowering cholesterol and …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used to flavor a variety of dishes, from bread and cheese to soups and stews. Caraway seeds are also used to make a variety of health-related products, including dietary supplements …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …