What is Arthritis? Arthritis affects most elderly people and is the biggest source of debility. It affects the articular joint tissue causing damage, erosion, inflammation, pain, swelling and stiffness.
Castor oil is an organic extract from castor seeds. It contains unsaturated fatty acids and demonstrates both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It has a rather bitter taste that is unpalatable hence it’s not used for cooking. However, it is famous through history for it’s use in skin and hair preperations. It also was used as a laxative in the older times. It’s anti-inflammatory property gives it it’s power to be useful in arthritis.
A number of the common benefits or use of castor oil include:
- Hair growth
- Joint pain
Castor oil is normally used as a pack. A number of packs are made even mixed with other ingredients. Some new popular packs include:
- Stretch mark pack used for addressing the problem of stretch marks on the body parts. In this pack a mixture of coconut oil and castor oil are used
- Joint pain pack for addressing arthritis. The castor oil may be used alone in the pack.
- Dry skin pack is used to address problems of dry skin. Here, vitamin E oil is mixed with the castor oil to make the pack.
- Spots lightening pack. This pack is used to lighten spots on the skin.
How to Make A Simple Castor Oil Pack
Step1 – Find a piece of gauze or flannel that can be folded and cover the affected part.
Step2 – Pour the castor oil onto the flannel or gauze
Step3 – Place the flannel/gauze on the affected part and cover with a plastic or nylon bag
Step4 – Put warm water in a water bottle or use a water bag if you have one. Place the water bottle on the plastic covering the flannel gauze and let it remain there for about 45 to 60 minutes then remove. The procedure may be carried out twice daily.
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …
- 7 Benefits of Black Pepper- Pentaglax Home RemediesBlack pepper(Piper Nigrum L) is rich in antioxidants, especially piperine, which has been found to help neutralize free radicals that can damage the body’s cells and cause disease. This compound is also useful as an antibacterial, antioxidant and helps to protect the protective gastroduodenal mucosa. Black Pepper Benefits High in antioxindants Black pepper contains many …
- Depression: Brightening Your Mood With Food – Pentaglax Home RemediesDepression is actually a mental illness that is characterized by gloom over virtually every aspect of an individuals life. The body, mood and and thoughts are all involved. It has become quiet common in these modern times due to a number of factors within and outside the individuals environment. The COVID pandemic has triggered a …