When we reach old age we normally harvest the by product of how we managed our joints during our prime years. Those old trauma’s that we had forgotten involving our joint structures now come to roost. The extra baggage we are carrying on our waists now only compounds the problem. We are now overweight at old age. Our nutrtional diets had been poor and is no better now due to digestive problems. Our joints are now weak and here we are adding some extra baggage. Hormonal changes are also taking place at this time. They aren’t helpful. More complications arise. At no time are people advised on the subject of healthy joint care. This should be done throughout the age brackets. We shall have less people developing these joint diseases. Arthritis in all its forms is the prime cause of debility amongst the senior population. Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid and gouty arthritis are the most prevalent forms of arthritis. The following 4 steps if incorporated in one’s daily life practice may contribute drastically in the eradication of this debilitating disease in the senior years:
- Healthy diet and nutrition
- Weight Management
- Posture management
- Physical activities
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Healthy Diet and Nutrition
The food we eat supplies our bodies with necessary nutrients for repairing our body cells, tissues, systems etc. Our joints need these nutrients to carry out their efficient functions. A deficit in joint nutrition leads to progressive joint damage. Therefore if you aren’t following best practices of diet and nutrition then you are simply lining yourself up as a candidate for chronic degenerative disorder of the joints.
Obesity is on the rise worldwide. As it does so, arthritis is also on the rise amongst the seniors. We have weight bearing joints which are stressed by that excessive weight. Therefore the bones rub on each other resulting in articular cartilage destruction.
Different postures exert pressure on joints differently. Some postures promote stability. Others lead to the promotion of joint damage. The backbone etc may be prone to this kind of damage. Some people sit in awkward positions hence placing excessive pressure on joint structure. Progressively, these pressurised joints will become damaged.
What you don’t use you lose. Muscles require movement to gain power. The more they are moved the stronger they become. Also excercises will help to prevent stiffness of the joints.
Therefore the above four activities are essential for prevention, halting and even reversal of arthritis.
+254 726 530 868
Subscribe to our newsletter!
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of essential nutrients, including magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc. Sesame seeds are also a good source of fiber and protein. Sesame seeds have many health benefits, including lowering cholesterol and …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used to flavor a variety of dishes, from bread and cheese to soups and stews. Caraway seeds are also used to make a variety of health-related products, including dietary supplements …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …