The mango tree is a common sight in many parts of the world whereby it’s fruit is used for food and the leaves for traditional medicine. However, many people aren’t aware that we have communities worldwide who have used and are still using the mango leaves benefits as medicine. The tender leaves are the one that are best suited for this purpose. They may be used soft and tender or dried in a shade then grounded into powder. This is how the medicinal benefits of mango leaves are derived.
The mango leaves benefits in health are derived from their rich constitution of nutrients. It has a rich mineral and vitamin database. Vitamin A,C and Bs are all available. Minerals such as calcium, potassium and magnesium are also available. A number of phytonutrients with powerful antioxidant effects are also found within the mango leaves.
Benefits of Mango Leaves
Mango leaves and digestive system
The mango active constiuents have a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tracts protective mucosal membrane and gut microbiome health. Therefore it becomes useful in the strenghting of the stomach walls to prevent ulcerations. Since it also has antibacterial properties, it helps in the fight against h. Pylori bacteria.
Mango leaves and the skin
The skin is normally exposed to a number of forces that may cause oxidation and infections. The rich antioxidant arsenal here helps neutralise free radical damage to skin cells hence preventing and slowing down the aging process. Bacterial infections are also kept in check. Therefore a more.youthfull skin is observed.
Mango leaves and diabetes
Mango leaves contain nutrients that help regulate blood sugar. It has active compounds that help neutralise the bad cholesterol deposition on the arterial walls. Some components such as zinc have a beneficial effect on blood sugar regulation.
Mango leaves and high blood pressure
Mango leaves are known to help protect the cardiovascular system. By preventing arteriosclerosis or hardening of the arteries , it helps prevent their narrowing hence high blood pressure is lowered. The combinations of magnesium, calcium and potassium also help preserve a healthy arterial wall.
Mango leaves and weight management
Mango leaves active constiuents help in regulating fat metabolism in the body. This is a positive effect since it prevents obesity from occurring.
Mango leaves and asthma
Mango leaves are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. These nutrients brings into check the allergy response.
Mango leaves and the hair
Mango leaves nutrients are beneficial to the health of the hair. They improve blood circulation and therefore nutritional supply. The antibacterial components are also availed and ensures that the hair is healthy and clean.
Mango leaves and cancer
Cancer is suspected to be caused by free radicals produced in the body during the oxidative process. These free radicals when not checked may damage cellular DNA leading to the abnormal growths of cells. Antioxidants are capable of neutralising these free radicals. Hence mango leaves can help the body fend off these cell damaging free radicals.
Mango leaves and arthritis
Arthritis is a condition which is characterized by Inflammation, pain and swelling. It’s also characterized by tissue damage. The antioxidants in the mango leaves in combination with other nutrients can help lower the Inflammation, pain and swelling. Similarly, the vitamins A, C and other nutrients can help in repairing the damaged cells and tissues.
Mango leaves and memory
Our brain relies on an efficient blood circulatory system to supply oxygen and nutrients. Any abnormal depositions on the arterial system of say bad cholesterol will definitely hamper the brain function. Memory problems may occur. However, the nutrients in the mango leaves that protect the Cardiovascular system also helps improve oxygen and nutrient supplies to the brain.
How to Use Mango Leaves
The best harvest of mango leaves are the tender ones.
- Dry the mango leaves in a shade
- Grind the dried mango leaves into powder
- Add a tablespoon in a glass of hot water, stirr then let it steep for 20 minutes
- Sieve the tea
- Add either some honey or lemon juice according to your taste
We can actually appreciate the power of nature in healing. A lot of nutrients that can help us lead a healthy life are hidden within nature.
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers …
- 7 Benefits of Black Pepper- Pentaglax Home RemediesBlack pepper(Piper Nigrum L) is rich in antioxidants, especially piperine, which has been …
- Depression: Brightening Your Mood With Food – Pentaglax Home RemediesDepression is actually a mental illness that is characterized by gloom over virtually …