The Baobab fruit is a huge tree that is common in Africa, Australia, Arabia and Madagascar. This tree can survive for many years growing to a height of about 100 feet. It’s leaves, barks and seeds have found use in different communities as both food and medicine.
The powder has been used for various medicinal properties including weight loss and blood sugar regulation amongst others.
The baobab powder has a.number of vitamins, minerals, fibre and phytonutrients. All these work synergistically to restore health in our different body systems. The digestive, cardiovascular, immune and musculoskeletal systems benefit amongst others. Some of the notable components are:
- Vit C
- Vit B6
It also has a number of other phytonutrients that function just like medicines.
Benefits of Baobab Powder
Our body cells grow, age and die. These cells need nutrition for optimal health. Within the cells we have the mitochondria which acts like a furnace. This is where energy production occurs utilising oxygen and in the process free radicals are produced. These free radicals end up destroying the body cells leading to aging and death. Baobab contains antioxidants that help neutralise these free radicals hence protecting the body cells from damage. Therefore brain power is enhanced and other cellular functions. The aging process is therefore slowed down.
Baobab Powder promotes a feeling of fullness hence lowers the amount of food consumption. It also has plenty of fibre that helps boost the digestive process. Baobab powder is therefore useful in keeping obesity in check.
Baobab powder has a number of minerals that are required in bone health such as calcium. Hence bone health is improved including the teeth.
Energy and vitality
Baobab powder boosts the general energy production within the body cells. It helps cleanse the cardiovascular system from bad cholesterol and thus also improves oxygen and nutrient supply in the whole body. You feel energetic and vitality.
Constipation is normally due to either dehydration or the consumption of insufficient fibre. Since baobab powder supplies plenty of fibre, this helps in the digestive process and stool movement.
The immune system relies on nutrients to perform optimally. Vitamin C, zinc and antioxidants all play a vital role in protecting the immune system. Baobab Powder supplies an adequate amount of these friendly nutrients.
The digestive tract is comprised of a protective mucosal membrane. We also have a healthy gut microbiome in our intestines that help in the digestive process and other vital functions. Baobab Powder supplies fibre and acts like a prebiotic. Fibre helps in the digestive process. The gut microbiome also feed on fibre. Baobab nutrients also promote the health of the protective mucosal membrane. This therefore helps prevent or heal ulcerations. Intestinal cancers are also checked including conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome. Since the baobab components also exert antibacterial properties, they help in the fight against h.pylori. This is a bacteria that promotes gastric ulcerations.
Blood Pressure Lowering
The health of the arteries determine the prescence of high blood pressure. Baobab has vitamin C, magnesium, calcium, potassium and other antioxidants. These help prevent the hardening and constriction of the arteries or arteriosclerosis. They therefore tend to help lower elevated blood pressure.
Blood Sugar Regulation
Blood sugar regulation in the blood is essential to place diabetes in check. The fibre component in baobab slows down the absorption of sugar from the gastrointestinal tract into the blood stream. Other nutrients also play a key role e.g zinc.
Our body cells are made from the good cholesterol. However the bad cholesterol is the enemy of the cardiovascular system. This bad choestreol is normally deposited in the arterial walls of the cardiovascular system leading to the narrowing of the arteries and even stroke. Blood circulation to the brain if lowered, then there will be a deficiency of oxygen and nutrients for optimal cognitive functions.
Arthritis is a condition that is characterized by inflammation, pain and swelling. Baobab contains a host of anti-inflammatory and antioxidants. All these help in providing relief for the arthritic person.
The skin is made up of cells. They generally are damaged by oxidation and infection. Baobab has antioxidants and antibiotics that help enforce a healthy skin environment.
The Baobab powder is used in many ways as food or medicine. It’s normally added to yoghurt or smoothies. Some people add it during cooking in their dish. It has a citric type of sour taste.
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of essential nutrients, including magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc. Sesame seeds are also a good source of fiber and protein. Sesame seeds have many health benefits, including lowering cholesterol and …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used to flavor a variety of dishes, from bread and cheese to soups and stews. Caraway seeds are also used to make a variety of health-related products, including dietary supplements …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …