Green tea is made from the leaves of the camellia sinensis plant and is non oxidized. We also have the most common types reffered to as black tea which is the oxidized form.
Green tea’s historical use by man seems to date back in China over 300 years ago. However in the modern day the black tea is used virtually in every home globally. Currently interest has grown on the use of the green tea variety. It’s been discovered to possess powerful antioxidants that can help prevent a number of chronic degenerative diseases. Cancer, high blood pressure, inflammatory and the cardiovascular diseases prevention can benefit.
Green Tea Benefits
Allergies occur when the body’s immune system responds to something it considers foreign within the body. It’s like a defense mechanism. However, there are people whose immune systems responds and attacks normal things that other people’s immune systems are comfortable with. Inflammation is part of the allergic reaction.
Green Tea has a number of antioxidants that carry out anti-inflammatory actions. Therefore they help alleviate the inflammatiory response in the person suffering from an allergy.
Weight management aid
Obesity is a term used to describe an excess of body fat. If you are 20% over the normal weight for your age, sex, build and height then you are considered obese. Obesity puts on undue stress on the back, legs, and internal organs. It is a major contributor in the current proliferation of chronic degenerative conditions e.g cancer, diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, stroke and cardiac problems.
Green tea help boost fat burning and also promotes the metabolic rate.
Brain Function Enhancement
The brain function relies on a good blood circulation providing the needed oxygen and nutrients.
Green tea is friendly to the blood circulatory systems. It helps prevent deposition of bad cholesterol hence improves cognitive functions.
Blood Pressure Lowering
The blood maintains a certain pressure reading in the arteries inorder to circulate in all the body’s tissues. High Blood pressure exists when one or both of these readings exists:
1) a diastolic (minimum) pressure reading that exceeds 90mm Hg
2) a systolic(maximum) pressure reading that exceeds 140mm Hg.
Green tea helps in cardiovascular health by preventing the deposition of the bad cholesterol on the arterial walls. This therefore ensures that the blood vessels do not narrow.
Blood Sugar Regulation
Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder of glucose metabolism. There is an elevation of blood sugar.
Since green tea active ingredients help improve total cholesterol and LDL(bad) cholesterol levels it’s a boost in the blood sugar regulation. It also boosts weight loss.
Arthritis joint Inflammation
Arthritis is a terminology that is used to describe over 100 different conditions. The most common being osterarthritis, gouty and rheumatoid arthritis. There is inflammation, pain swelling and articular joint tissues damage.
The polyphenols and other antioxidants in green tea help in the lowering of inflammation and also in the repair of damaged articular joint tissues.
The health of our body’s arteries depends on bad cholesterol not being deposited inside them. Any deposition of cholesterol in the arteries leads to arteriosclerosis or hardening of the arteries. Actually our body is capable of producing its own daily cholesterol requirements. There are two types of cholesterol namely :
-LDL or harmful cholesterol that combines with low density lipoproteins and leads to arteriosclerosis.
-HDL or the beneficial cholesterol. This combines with high-density lipoproteins and help protect the arteries.
Green tea constituents improve total cholesterol and LDL(bad) cholesterol levels. The antioxidant capacity of the blood is boosted and hence protects the LDL particles from oxidation.
The function of the immune system is to identify and destroy any invading organisms, substances or foreign cells.
The immune system is protected by antioxidants , minerals and vitamins.
There is an abundance of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that help protect and reinforce the immune function.
The skin requires constant replacement of the dead cells. Therefore nutrients such as vitamins A,C, minerals, fatty acids, zinc and iron are essential for skin health. Antioxidants also help protect the skin from harmful effects.
Cells are generally damaged due to oxidation because of free radicals. These free radicals are by products of oxidation in the body and also from external sources due to exposure. Green tea has antioxidants that check on this. They protect the skin from free radicals damage and also promote circulation and nutrients supply.
The heart has arteries that supply blood. Any form of obstruction within the arterial walls of the cardiovascular system also impacts the heart health.
Since green tea is cardiovascular health friendly, the heart also benefits as cholesterol deposition is checked.
In asthma there is a respiratory difficulty due to spasms and inflammation within the bronchial tubes that may be propagated by some allergens. It results in wheezing, coughing, expectoration and chest pressure.
Since asthma has inflammation as one of the consequences after exposure to an allergen, the green tea anti-inflammatory and antioxidants arsenal come handy here to provide symptomatic relief.
Stroke is also referred in medical terms as cerebrovascular accident. Some tissues of the brain end up being denied blood supply. They are starved of oxygen and nutrients due to a blockage. Either a bursted artery or clot may cause this scenario in the brain tissue.
Any blockage promoting substance e.g bad cholesterol may harm the brain’s micro circulatory systems. Green teas effect in preventing bad cholesterol deposits will help prevent clot formation.
In cancer we have scenario where there is an uncontrolled proliferation of cells that end up producing tumors. This tumors may exert pressure on neighboring cells, tissues and organs. Therefore the organs and body system functions are hindered.
Free radicals are suspected to be able to damage cellular DNA and hence lead to proliferation of cells. Green tea has the antioxidants that are capable of neutralising these damaging substances.
Common Cold and Flu
Cold and flu are all caused by viruses.
Cold symptoms include both the production of excessive mucous and inflammation of the upper respiratory tract.
Flu on the other hand may also manifest generalized symptoms including headache and musculoskeletal pain.
Green Tea has catechins. These are capable of suppressing both bacterial and viral growth. There are other vitamins and components that may boost these catechins actions.
We can see that actually having a cup of green tea daily may keep the doctor away. Most of the current chronic degenerative conditions can be kept at bay by taking green tea on a consistent basis. You don’t have to wait for disease to set in. Prevention is better than cure.
- Top 10 Chamomile Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesChamomile is a plant that has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. Chamomile tea is made from the dried flower heads of the plant and has a variety of health benefits. Chamomile tea is a good source of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antispasmodic properties. Chamomile tea can be used to treat …
- Top 10 Orange Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesOranges are a good source of Vitamin C, which can help boost your immune system and help you fight off infections. They can also help improve your skin health and can even help prevent cancer. Orange Nutrition Oranges are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin C, thiamine, flavonoids, and carotenoids. They also contain a …
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of essential nutrients, including magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc. Sesame seeds are also a good source of fiber and protein. Sesame seeds have many health benefits, including lowering cholesterol and …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used to flavor a variety of dishes, from bread and cheese to soups and stews. Caraway seeds are also used to make a variety of health-related products, including dietary supplements …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …