Wheatgrass is normally used in juice form for healing and is quiet rich in chlorophyll. It is also rich in a number of nutrients that are of great medicinal value. The wheat grass used are the very tender and young. These are more nutrient dense.
Chlorophyll and human blood have a lot of semblance. They are both alkaline in nature. Their chemical structure are almost similar. The main difference between them is at the centre of their molecular structures where blood contains iron while chlorophyll contains magnesium. Due to this semblance we notice that we get excellent digestion and absorption of wheatgrass in our bodies. The chlorophyll finds its way to all body cells rapidly thereby providing it’s nutritional benefit.
Wheat grass contains a number of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Minerals such as iron, zinc, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, calcium are found in good amounts. Vitamins comprise of vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B5, B12 and folic acid are present. It also has choline and chlorophyll.
Health Benefits of Wheatgrass
Blood Sugar Regulation
Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder of glucose metabolism. There is an elevation of blood sugar.
Since wheatgrass active ingredients help improve total cholesterol and LDL(bad) cholesterol levels it’s a boost in the blood sugar regulation. It also boosts weight loss.
The nutrients in wheatgrass help reinforce the protective gastric mucousal membrane. This helps protect the digestive tract from the corrosive digestive juices. Wheatgrass can also eliminate h. Pylori, the bacteria that may cause gastric ulcerations due to its antibacterial properties.
High Blood Pressure
Wheatgrass is known to help protect the cardiovascular system. By preventing arteriosclerosis or hardening of the arteries , it helps prevent their narrowing hence high blood pressure is lowered. The combinations of magnesium, calcium and potassium also help preserve a healthy arterial wall.
Wheatgrass is rich in both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. These are useful in the management of inflammatiory responses in conditions such as arthritis, asthma and allergies. The nutrients in wheatgrass also promote the repair and healing of damaged articular joint tissues in arthritis.
Cancer and Chemotherapy
The chlorophyll content of wheatgrass in combination with it’s rich antioxidant team becomes quiet useful in dealing with both prevention, halting and cancer reversals. Chlorophyll improves oxygenation of the cells which is exactly what cancer cells do not like. Cancer cells are known to thrive better in an acidic environment that does not have high oxygen. This is generally found in an acidic cellular environment. Cancer cells do not thrive in an alkaline environment where there is more oxygen in the environment. That’s how the wheatgrass gives a boost in cancer prevention and management. Chemotherapy promotes an acidic cellular environment. Therefore the use of wheatgrass helps neutralise this environment and also does an environmental detoxification to eliminate toxic residues.
Benefits Heart Health
The heart benefits greatly from the wheatgrass nutrient properties of preventing bad cholesterol from being deposited in the arteries. The arteries in the heart are cleaned up by the wheatgrass constituents leading to improved circulation.
Promotes Weight Loss
Wheatgrass promotes a feeling of fullness hence lowers the amount of food consumption. It also has plenty of fibre that helps boost the digestive process. Wheatgrass is therefore useful in keeping obesity in check as it boosts both digestion and metabolism.
Our body is made up of cells. These cells grow and age over time then die. New ones are produced. It has been discovered that free radicals produced in our bodies may actually destroy our body cells leading to aging and death. Therefore the antioxidant rich wheatgrass is capable of neutralising these aging promoting free radicals. Therefore our cells health are preserved so that they may serve longer.
Our blood circulatory system is the one that carries both oxygen, nutrients and toxins to the appropriate destination for either use or elimination. Bad cholesterol deposition in the arteries is the mother and father of havoc in the blood circulatory system. The antioxidants in wheatgrass are capable of neutralising these depositions, hence preserving the blood circulatory system health.
The components in wheatgrass influence energy production in the body cells. The chlorophyll ensures a boost in cellular oxygen supply. This leads to more stamina and vitality.
The immune system is given protection through the supply of natural antioxidants. Wheatgrass has a rich antioxidant team that includes vitamin A, C, E, minerals and other phytonutrients. These help neutralise free radicals(products of the oxidative process in the cells during energy production) that are capable of damaging the immune cells hence hampering their protective functions.
Wheatgrass contains a number of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. The vitamins C, E and others help neutralise the inflammatory response hence useful in allergies, asthma and arthritis.
- 10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home RemediesBrewers yeast, also known as nutritional yeast, is a fungus that is commonly used as a dietary supplement due to its nutritional properties. It is rich in B vitamins, proteins, fiber, and other essential minerals that make it an amazing superfood with numerous health benefits. Brewers yeast nutrition Brewer’s yeast is a type of fungusContinue reading “10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home RemediesA 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies is the perfect guide for anyone looking to manage their arthritis symptoms naturally and safely. Written by an experienced medical professional, this book provides a comprehensive overview of the different alternative treatments available for those suffering from arthritis. It covers everything from dietary and lifestyle interventions, toContinue reading “A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies”
- Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home RemediesHealing with natural energy has been practiced throughout the ages, but it has experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. Natural energies can be harnessed and used to help restore balance and well being to people suffering from physical and emotional ailments. Examples of natural healing include Reiki, acupuncture, homeopathy, herbalism, yoga, and meditation.Continue reading “Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home Remedies”
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesArthritis is a common chronic condition that causes painful inflammation and joint damage. For those living with arthritis, finding relief from the pain can be a challenge. Fortunately, there is mounting evidence to suggest that extra virgin olive oil may offer some relief from arthritis symptoms. Extra virgin olive oil is one of the mostContinue reading “Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesPeppermint and eucalyptus oil blend for arthritis is an effective way to treat and manage the pain, inflammation, and other symptoms associated with the condition. This natural remedy has been used in traditional medicine for centuries, and more recent research has revealed its potential benefits. We will discuss how a blend of peppermint and eucalyptusContinue reading “Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”