The cabbage is grown nowadays all over the globe. It’s found in many dishes worldwide. There are many colors and sizes.
Cabbage originated from Southern Europe and the Mediterranean regions. It found it’s way in Africa, India and other parts of the world.
Cabbage is rich in nutrients that have medicinal properties. It’s rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients. Therefore cabbage has been found to be useful as a cancer protector especially colon, prostate, stomach and in the lung. It helps in the prevention and healing of peptic ulcers amongst many other health conditions.
Cabbage contains a number of medicinally active constituents. It contains vitamins such as A, C E, K, B2, B5, B2, B6, B9 etc. It also contains a number of minerals. Copper, Zinc, iron, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, manganese etc. Cabbage is also rich in dietary fiber.
Cabbage also contains a number of phytonutrients e.g gefarnate that has antiulcer properties. These active constituents help develop thin mucous protection against the acidic juices in the gastric region. This offers protection and speeds ulcer healing. Cabbage also posseses antibacterial properties. This is why h. Pylori may be destroyed and healing or prevention of ulcerations achieved. It has been implicated in gastric ulcer genesis.
Cabbage promotes a feeling of fullness hence lowers the amount of food consumption. It also has plenty of fibre that helps boost the digestive process. Cabbage is therefore useful in keeping obesity in check.
Cabbage has powerful active compounds that can be able to address both the inflammation, swelling and pain in arthritis. It’s rich in antioxidants that may help neutralise the free radicals that damage the articular joint cartilage. Vitamins A,C, E and zinc also play a major role in damaged joint tissue repair and healing
Regulates Blood Pressure
Cabbage is known to help protect the cardiovascular system. By preventing arteriosclerosis or hardening of the arteries , it helps prevent their narrowing hence high blood pressure is lowered. The combinations of magnesium, calcium and potassium also help preserve a healthy arterial wall.
Prevention of Osteoporosis
Our bones need a number of nutrients to promote their health including calcium. Cabbage is rich in nutrients that promote bone density hence preventing osteoporosis.
The antioxidant components in cabbage play a major role in the protection of the liver from damage from free radicals. It also helps in the detoxification of the liver and also supplies a number of nutrients that are useful in the cellular repair of the liver cells.
We have two forms of cholesterol. The good cholesterol does not get deposited in our arteries. However, the bad oxidized form is the one that is harmful. It gets deposited in the arteries leading to narrowing and hardening. This condition is often referred to as arteriosclerosis. This narrowing and hardening are at the foundation of promoting high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke and problems with memory. There is decreased blood flow, oxygenation and nutrient supply to brain tissues.
Cabbage contains vitamins and minerals that are powerful antioxidants. Therefore they help in the presevation of our body cells, tissues, organs and system functions. The antioxidants help neutralise the free radical cellular damage.
Cabbage has both antibacterial and antioxidant properties. This helps protect any damage within our respiratory system.
Asthma is generally triggered by an allergen. This provokes immune reaction with the resultant inflammation and congestions. However, cabbage has antioxidants with anti-inflammatory properties. These help check on the inflammatory response hence provides symptomatic relief.
Cabbage has been known to help lower the risk of developing lung, stomach, colon and prostate cancers. The rich antioxidants content including vitamins and minerals all serve a useful purpose in the prevention, halting and reversal of cancer. They help protect free radical damage of the cells DNA that may probably lead to carcinogenesis.
Cabbage contains antioxidants and other components that help improve immunity and also protect cellular damage. As a result of this it helps check on premature aging.
How to Use Cabbage for Ulcers Healing
Generally for internal purposes the raw form or the juice is much better in terms of nutrition. The enzymes and other heat sensitive constituents are still available. The greener outer leaves are more preferable. They are richer in the antiulcer properties. We also have cabbage extracts and capsules in the market.
The cabbage juice is made from the fresh green outer parts of the cabbage. You can use a blender to prepare the juice. You can then chill it and drink about a quart daily. It’s important to note that the fresher the green cabbage leaves the better the nutritional and healing value. The juice must be drank fresh when the enzymes and other sensitive constituents are still active. The heating of cabbage actually decimates the active constituents hence may destroy the ulcer healing constituents.
For the purpose of external use we may use a poultice. The ointment is also available. These help in obtaining it’s excellent skin healing properties including antibacterial.
- 10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home RemediesBrewers yeast, also known as nutritional yeast, is a fungus that is commonly used as a dietary supplement due to its nutritional properties. It is rich in B vitamins, proteins, fiber, and other essential minerals that make it an amazing superfood with numerous health benefits. Brewers yeast nutrition Brewer’s yeast is a type of fungusContinue reading “10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home RemediesA 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies is the perfect guide for anyone looking to manage their arthritis symptoms naturally and safely. Written by an experienced medical professional, this book provides a comprehensive overview of the different alternative treatments available for those suffering from arthritis. It covers everything from dietary and lifestyle interventions, toContinue reading “A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies”
- Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home RemediesHealing with natural energy has been practiced throughout the ages, but it has experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. Natural energies can be harnessed and used to help restore balance and well being to people suffering from physical and emotional ailments. Examples of natural healing include Reiki, acupuncture, homeopathy, herbalism, yoga, and meditation.Continue reading “Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home Remedies”
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesArthritis is a common chronic condition that causes painful inflammation and joint damage. For those living with arthritis, finding relief from the pain can be a challenge. Fortunately, there is mounting evidence to suggest that extra virgin olive oil may offer some relief from arthritis symptoms. Extra virgin olive oil is one of the mostContinue reading “Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesPeppermint and eucalyptus oil blend for arthritis is an effective way to treat and manage the pain, inflammation, and other symptoms associated with the condition. This natural remedy has been used in traditional medicine for centuries, and more recent research has revealed its potential benefits. We will discuss how a blend of peppermint and eucalyptusContinue reading “Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”