Pomegranate is a delicious fruit that is semi-seedy. It has been used time immemorial both as a food and medicine.
Pomegranate seems to have it’s origin in Iran and Afghanistan. It’s use then spread to Egypt, India, Japan and China. Now it is available globally.
The seeds are dried and grounded then used as a spice or medicine. However, the roots, leaves, flowers, rind are also used in medicine.
Pomegranate contains a number of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. Minerals such as copper, selenium, manganese, iron, zinc, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, calcium are found in good amounts. Vitamins comprise of vitamins A, C, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B5, B12 and folates are present. It also has some fiber.
Health Benefits of Pomegranate
Great For Pregnant Women
Pomegranate is rich in nutrients that are essential in the supplementation in pregnant women. It has both iron, folate and the vitamin b complexes. These are useful in the pregnant mother including the the vitamin A, C and other antioxidants that boost the immune function. The folate also prevents birth defects in the unborn child.
Destroys Intestinal Worms
Pomegranate has been used as a dewormer. It’s capable of eradicating worms in the body.
Blood Pressure Regulation
Pomegranate is known to help protect the cardiovascular system. By preventing arteriosclerosis or hardening of the arteries , it helps prevent their narrowing hence high blood pressure is lowered. The combinations of magnesium, calcium and potassium also help preserve a healthy arterial wall.
Protection Against Osterarthritis
Pomegranate is rich in both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. These are useful in the management of inflammatiory responses in conditions such as arthritis, asthma and allergies. The nutrients in pomegranate also promotes the repair and healing of damaged articular joint tissues in arthritis.
Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants that help netralise cellular damage that may lead to cancer genesis. Good results are being witnessed in prostate cancer where the PSA(Prostate Specific Antigen) levels have been observed to decline.
Benefits Heart Health
The heart benefits greatly from the pomegranate nutrient properties of preventing bad cholesterol from being deposited in the arteries. The arteries in the heart are cleaned up by the constituents leading to improved circulation.
Improves Erectile Dysfunction
Pomegranate improves erectile dysfunction due to the improvement of blood flow. The zinc component is also beneficial in the prostate health. Therefore an erection is therefore achieved naturally.
Our body is made up of cells. These cells grow and age over time then die. New ones are produced. It has been discovered that free radicals produced in our bodies may actually destroy our body cells leading to aging and death. Therefore the antioxidant rich pomegranate is capable of neutralising these aging promoting free radicals. Therefore our cells health are preserved so that they may serve longer.
Our blood circulatory system is the one that carries both oxygen, nutrients and toxins to the appropriate destination for either use or elimination. Our brain cells require these to perform optimally. Bad cholesterol deposition in the arteries is the mother and father of havoc in the blood circulatory system. The antioxidants in pomegranate are capable of neutralising these depositions, hence preserving the health of our brains and memory. It also helps in the prevention of stroke occurring due to the clogging and busting of arteries.
The components in pomegranate influence energy production in the body cells. These nutrients ensures a boost in cellular oxygen supply. This leads to more stamina and vitality.
The immune system is given protection through the supply of natural antioxidants. Pomegranate has a rich antioxidant team that includes vitamin A, C, E, minerals and other phytonutrients. These help neutralise free radicals(products of the oxidative process in the cells during energy production) that are capable of damaging the immune cells hence hampering their protective functions.
Pomegranate contains a number of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. The vitamins C, E and others help neutralise the inflammatory response hence useful in allergies, asthma and rheumatoid arthritis. These conditions are driven by the immune system interactions that produce inflammation.
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of essential nutrients, including magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc. Sesame seeds are also a good source of fiber and protein. Sesame seeds have many health benefits, including lowering cholesterol and …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used to flavor a variety of dishes, from bread and cheese to soups and stews. Caraway seeds are also used to make a variety of health-related products, including dietary supplements …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …