Onions are believed to originate from central asia.
Onions belong to the allium genus of flowering plants which consists of other plants such as garlic, chives, shallots and leeks.
Onions carry health benefits due to their vitamin, mineral and plant compound content.
The health benefits of onion include:
They include nutrients such as:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B-6
The antioxidants and chemical composition of onions gives them the ability to boost the immune system.
3. Heart health
Onions contain quercetin flavonoid which is known to lower the bad cholesterol levels in your body thus managing high blood pressure.
Onions also contain thiosulfonate which reduces heart related diseases by acting as a blood thinner.
4. Improves eye health
Onions contain selenium which boost the production of vitamin E thus healing and protecting conjuctivitis.
5. Respiratory problems
As we all know, allergies play a major role in respiratory problems.
Onion is an anti-allergen which helps relax the isolated trachea muscles of an asthma patient thus promoting relaxed breathing.
6. Sexual health
Research has proven that onions can help reverse erectile dysfunction and increase levels of testosterone in men.
7. Cancer fighting
Onion contains onionin A, a sulfur compound that has properties of reducing cancer cell growth.
Onions also contain flavanoid antioxidants such as quercetin and fisetin that inhibit tumor growth.
8. Bone health
Studies have shown that onions help in increasing bone density by reducing oxidative stress and boosting antioxidant levels in your body.
Onions contain prebiotics which increase the absorption of important minerals such as calcium and magnesium which improve bone health.
9. Digestive health
Onion is rich in fiber and prebiotics that have been associated with production of good bacteria in the gut.
10. Ease menopause symptoms
Onions contain calcium which has been proven by research to help ease postmenopausal symptoms.
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …
- 7 Benefits of Black Pepper- Pentaglax Home RemediesBlack pepper(Piper Nigrum L) is rich in antioxidants, especially piperine, which has been found to help neutralize free radicals that can damage the body’s cells and cause disease. This compound is also useful as an antibacterial, antioxidant and helps to protect the protective gastroduodenal mucosa. Black Pepper Benefits High in antioxindants Black pepper contains many …
- Depression: Brightening Your Mood With Food – Pentaglax Home RemediesDepression is actually a mental illness that is characterized by gloom over virtually every aspect of an individuals life. The body, mood and and thoughts are all involved. It has become quiet common in these modern times due to a number of factors within and outside the individuals environment. The COVID pandemic has triggered a …