Onions are believed to originate from central asia.
Onions belong to the allium genus of flowering plants which consists of other plants such as garlic, chives, shallots and leeks.
Onions carry health benefits due to their vitamin, mineral and plant compound content.
The health benefits of onion include:
They include nutrients such as:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B-6
The antioxidants and chemical composition of onions gives them the ability to boost the immune system.
3. Heart health
Onions contain quercetin flavonoid which is known to lower the bad cholesterol levels in your body thus managing high blood pressure.
Onions also contain thiosulfonate which reduces heart related diseases by acting as a blood thinner.
4. Improves eye health
Onions contain selenium which boost the production of vitamin E thus healing and protecting conjuctivitis.
5. Respiratory problems
As we all know, allergies play a major role in respiratory problems.
Onion is an anti-allergen which helps relax the isolated trachea muscles of an asthma patient thus promoting relaxed breathing.
6. Sexual health
Research has proven that onions can help reverse erectile dysfunction and increase levels of testosterone in men.
7. Cancer fighting
Onion contains onionin A, a sulfur compound that has properties of reducing cancer cell growth.
Onions also contain flavanoid antioxidants such as quercetin and fisetin that inhibit tumor growth.
8. Bone health
Studies have shown that onions help in increasing bone density by reducing oxidative stress and boosting antioxidant levels in your body.
Onions contain prebiotics which increase the absorption of important minerals such as calcium and magnesium which improve bone health.
9. Digestive health
Onion is rich in fiber and prebiotics that have been associated with production of good bacteria in the gut.
10. Ease menopause symptoms
Onions contain calcium which has been proven by research to help ease postmenopausal symptoms.
- Top 10 Chamomile Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesChamomile is a plant that has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. Chamomile tea is made from the dried flower heads of the plant and has a variety of health benefits. Chamomile tea is a good source of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antispasmodic properties. Chamomile tea can be used to treat …
- Top 10 Orange Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesOranges are a good source of Vitamin C, which can help boost your immune system and help you fight off infections. They can also help improve your skin health and can even help prevent cancer. Orange Nutrition Oranges are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin C, thiamine, flavonoids, and carotenoids. They also contain a …
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of essential nutrients, including magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc. Sesame seeds are also a good source of fiber and protein. Sesame seeds have many health benefits, including lowering cholesterol and …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used to flavor a variety of dishes, from bread and cheese to soups and stews. Caraway seeds are also used to make a variety of health-related products, including dietary supplements …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …