There are many health benefits associated with eating fruit. Some of the key benefits include:
– A reduced risk of heart disease
– Improved blood pressure control
– Reduced risk of stroke
– Reduced risk of developing type 2 diabetes
– Reduced risk of some types of cancer (e.g. ovarian cancer)
– A decrease in signs and symptoms of arthritis
– Improved digestion and absorption of nutrients from food
– Weight management
The date is a food that is bestowed with high nutritional value. The scientific name is Phoenix dactilifera. It contains natural sugars, glucose and fructose. The date may be consumed raw but it is also frequently mixed with milk for consumption.
The date is a fruit that is consumed almost globally. Its original home is suspected to be around the Persian Gulf area or in Mesopotamia.
It is a source of a number of essential minerals and is quiet rich in iron. It also boasts of a rich team of antioxidants. The following is a list of some of the prominent vitamins and minerals that are available in the date fruit:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin K
- Pantothenic acid
Health Benefits of Date
Fights Ageing and Promotes Skin Health
Ageing is a process that involves the integrity of your body cells. Cells require nutrients for their healthy functioning. Inside cells energy is produced and waste products are also generated. We have what we call free radicals that are the by products of oxidation within the cells. These free radicals are unstable molecules that lack electrons. This makes them attack other body cells in search of these missing electrons. During this process, cellular damage occurs. This process is one of the ways that may promote ageing of the body including the skin.
The rich antioxidant team in dates IS capable of neutralising the free radicals produced by the oxidative process. This process therefore protects the cells from damage. We have vitamin A, C and other phytonutrients that make up the rich antioxidant team.
Vitamin A is known to play a major role in the health of your vision. Antioxidants are also known to help neutralise any damage to the cells in our eyes. Therefore most degenerative eyes conditions may benefit from the consumption of dates.
Dates are known to help strengthen the heart. Bad cholesterol deposits in the heart may lead to narrowing of arteries and eventually a blockage. Dates active nutrients are capable of helping prevent clogging in the arteries and also in declogg them hence resulting in improvement of blood circulation, nutrient and oxygen supply. The narrowing of arteries will also result in an increase in the blood pressure.
Date has been used time immemorial to enhance sexual performance. Its mixed with milk over night. A pinch of cardamom powder is then mixed with it and some honey added. Its then taken to help resolve improving sexual stamina and sterility in case of functional disorders.
Useful in Treating Anemia
Date is rich in both iron, folates and the vitamin B complex. These in combination with other nutrients help boost the production of haemoglobin and boost the blood volume. Therefore dates may be taken as a food by people suffering from anemia.
Date has been demonstrated to be of benefit in the promotion of bone health. It has a good supply of bone health minerals eg, calcium. Therefore it is useful in both the prevention and management of osteoporosis. Women who are on menopause are known to be at risk for developing osteoporosis due to loss of calcium from their bones. Therefore eating dates is a good natural remedy to help in both prevention and management of osteoporosis.
Healthy Nervous System
Our nervous system requires nutrients for it to function optimally. Date has a number of nutrients that help improve both the health and functions of our nervous system. The vitamin b complex and other vitamins and nutrients help promote healthy nerve cells and functions.
Reduction of Stroke Development
Stroke is a condition that is debilitating and may be prevented through diet. When bad cholesterol gets deposited in our brain arteries they become narrow and clogged. If a plaque breaks from the arterial walls, it may lead to a blockage and a burst in the artery. The clot formed therefore denies the affected areas nutrition and oxygen. However, the consumption of dates may help prevent this from happening due to the rich arsenal of antioxidants. The antioxidants in dates help prevent the deposition of bad cholesterol in the brain arteries. Prevention is much cheaper and better through the consumption of foods such as dates which are laden with powerful antioxidants.
Maintains Hair Health
The hair requires nutrition for it to be healthy. Vitamins, minerals and oxygen are vital for the healthy grooming of the hair. Nutrient supply is done though the scalp blood circulatory system. If there is poor circulation due to the poor health of the blood supply system then the hair health will be affected negatively. However dates supply nutrients that clean up the circulatory system hence better nutrient and oxygen supply.
Date contains a number of vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that perform antioxidant activities. In other word they help protect our body cells from free radical damage. The liver, kidney, lungs, brain and other tissues benefit from this . Therefore optimum performance of our body organ system is achieved. Our immune system also receives the antioxidant protective support hence better overrall protection.
We can see that dates are a good source of essential nutrients. They are a great energy booster hence quiet convenient for those who are recovering from poor health. They promote youthfulness.
Your expressed quality of health today or tomorrow rests squarely on your hands. Did you know that whatever you think and eat actually has an impact on your health? You are the creator in your life! Health or disease expression may all have roots from the quality of thinking and eating. Remember that your thinking is what drives your daily life choices including lifestyle! Health and disease therefore become the printout of your past life choices whose outcomes are being expressed today. What you think and eat can impact your immune system. This is actually good news. You can now take charge of your quality of life today. By altering both your thinking and living to match your desired future health status, you can now halt or even reverse your present undesirable health status. Change the roots and you’ll definitely change the fruits in your life! Best of health!
- 10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home RemediesBrewers yeast, also known as nutritional yeast, is a fungus that is commonly used as a dietary supplement due to its nutritional properties. It is rich in B vitamins, proteins, fiber, and other essential minerals that make it an amazing superfood with numerous health benefits. Brewers yeast nutrition Brewer’s yeast is a type of fungusContinue reading “10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home RemediesA 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies is the perfect guide for anyone looking to manage their arthritis symptoms naturally and safely. Written by an experienced medical professional, this book provides a comprehensive overview of the different alternative treatments available for those suffering from arthritis. It covers everything from dietary and lifestyle interventions, toContinue reading “A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies”
- Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home RemediesHealing with natural energy has been practiced throughout the ages, but it has experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. Natural energies can be harnessed and used to help restore balance and well being to people suffering from physical and emotional ailments. Examples of natural healing include Reiki, acupuncture, homeopathy, herbalism, yoga, and meditation.Continue reading “Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home Remedies”
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesArthritis is a common chronic condition that causes painful inflammation and joint damage. For those living with arthritis, finding relief from the pain can be a challenge. Fortunately, there is mounting evidence to suggest that extra virgin olive oil may offer some relief from arthritis symptoms. Extra virgin olive oil is one of the mostContinue reading “Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesPeppermint and eucalyptus oil blend for arthritis is an effective way to treat and manage the pain, inflammation, and other symptoms associated with the condition. This natural remedy has been used in traditional medicine for centuries, and more recent research has revealed its potential benefits. We will discuss how a blend of peppermint and eucalyptusContinue reading “Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”