Fenugreek plant has been used as a food and medicine since time memorial The seeds and leaves are used in medicine. It is nutritionally dense. It has been used for a number of health issues including hair loss, making the breasts firm, acne, digestive issues and menstrual pain management.
The Botanical name of this wondrous plant is trigonella foenum graecum. It is a native plant in Eastern Europe and Ethiopia. The plant is a seasonal one and is grown in India.
Fenugreek contains a number of nutrients that are medicinally active. The following is a list of some of them:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6 – Pyridoxine
- Vitamin B2 – Riboflavin
- Vitamin B1 – Thiamine
- Vitamin B9 – Folate
Health Benefits of Fenugreek
Aids in Weight Loss
Fenugreek helps in weight loss management. It is known to promote efficient digestion, absorption and also helps in lowering cholesterol deposition in the body tissues. All these effects help in lowering the body mass index and percentage body fat.
Fenugreek is rich in nutrients that exert antiinflammatory effect which helps neutralise inflammation, one of the hallmarks in arthritis. Inflammation, pain and swelling are the ones that bring discomfort in arthritis as articular tissues continue to degenerate. Fenugreek contains powerful antioxidants that also exert antiinflammatory effects.
Watch Video Best Arthritis Home Remedies
Milk Flow Promotion In Breast Feeding Mothers
Fenugreek is renowned for its ability to promote increased milk production in the breast feeding mothers. Therefore in cases where the milk production is inadequate the nutrients in fenugreek comes in handy to the pregnant mother as a cheap way of managing the condition.
Erectile dysfunction is nowadays a common phenomenon due to the poor lifestyle choices that we are making. Fenugreek is capable of helping reverse this condition that may occur due to functional disorders. It may help boost the testosterone levels as it also lowers the bad cholesterol, preventing it from depositing in the arteries. Take note that cholesterol deposit in arteries lead to the narrowing of the same. This leads to a decrease in the blood flow and hence lowers erection.
Excercise Performance Booster
Fenugreek helps boos energy production in the body cells. It helps improve both digestion and absorption of nutrients. Therefore the body cells receive adequate nutrients for their daily energy production requirements. This has a net effect of increasing the overall energy available for excercise and athletic performance.
Blood Sugar Regulation
Fenugreek is famed in the field of natural regulation of blood sugar. It contains galactomannan that helps slow down the rate of sugar absorption into the blood from the digestive tract. This has a positive benefit since it helps regulate any blood sugar levels spike. Fenugreek also has an amino acid that is capable of inducing the the production of insulin.
Fenugreek nutrients are known to help prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited in our cardiovascular system. This boosts our vision, heart, memory and also lowers blood pressure. Arteriosclerosis is the narrowing and hardening of arteries due to bad cholesterol being deposited inside them.
Bad cholesterol deposit in the arteriole walls in the heart may create a condition whereby the heart cannot receive adequate blood flow. Therefore this state creates low nutrient and oxygen supply to the heart cells. Therefore there is a decreased function. Fenugreek prevents the bad cholesterol from being deposited hence boosts heart health.
Treatment and Prevention of Cancer
Fenugreek is rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants are capable of neutralising the free radicals that destroy body cells and may trigger cancer genesis.
Eating Disorders Treatment
Fenugreek produces a feeling of fullness in the stomach. Hence the appetite centre is checked and is placed under control. This leads to lower the appetite and tendencies to want to eat frequently and in high quantities that may lead to obesity and its related disorders.
We can therefore see that fenugreek is rich in nutrients that have health benefits. It may therefore be helpful in both the prevention, halting or reversals of a number of health disorders.
Your expressed quality of health today or tomorrow rests squarely on your hands. Did you know that whatever you think and eat actually has an impact on your health? You are the creator in your life! Health or disease expression may all have roots from the quality of thinking and eating. Remember that your thinking is what drives your daily life choices including lifestyle! Health and disease therefore become the printout of your past life choices whose outcomes are being expressed today. What you think and eat can impact your immune system. This is actually good news. You can now take charge of your quality of life today. By altering both your thinking and living to match your desired future health status, you can now halt or even reverse your present undesirable health status. Change the roots and you’ll definitely change the fruits in your life! Best of health!
- Top 10 Chamomile Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesChamomile is a plant that has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties. Chamomile tea is made from the dried flower heads of the plant and has a variety of health benefits. Chamomile tea is a good source of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antispasmodic properties. Chamomile tea can be used to treat …
- Top 10 Orange Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesOranges are a good source of Vitamin C, which can help boost your immune system and help you fight off infections. They can also help improve your skin health and can even help prevent cancer. Orange Nutrition Oranges are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin C, thiamine, flavonoids, and carotenoids. They also contain a …
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of essential nutrients, including magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc. Sesame seeds are also a good source of fiber and protein. Sesame seeds have many health benefits, including lowering cholesterol and …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used to flavor a variety of dishes, from bread and cheese to soups and stews. Caraway seeds are also used to make a variety of health-related products, including dietary supplements …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …