Cauliflower is believed to originate from asia around the meditteranean sea.
Cauliflower is a low carb diet which is very popular and can be a substitute of high carb foods such as rice and pasta.
Cauliflower is a highly nutritious food that is packed with a variety of health benefits that we are going to figure out in this article.
Also check Asparagus Health Benefits
- 1. Hypertension
Cauliflower contains glucoraphanin and sulforaphane, compounds that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties thus protecting your body from oxidative stress.
The fiber and omega-3 fatty acids present in cauliflower may also protect your arteries from hardening.
Moreover, cauliflower also contain certain compounds that act the same way as hypertension medications by showing angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitory activity
The vitamin C present in cauliflower may aid in protecting you from infections and strengthening your defense mechanism.
Cauliflower is also rich in antioxidants and other nutrients which may strengthen your immune system.
3. Hair growth
Cauliflower contains abudant amounts of sulfur-containing amino acids which are known to promote hair growth.
The presence of silicon in cauliflower may also promote hair growth and shiny hair.
4. Bone health
Vitamin C, a compound present in cauliflower prevents the bones and joints from inflammatory damage by promoting the production of collagen. Studies have also associated Vitamin C with increased bone density thus protecting you from rheumatoid arthritis.
Futhermore, cauliflower contains adequate amounts of vitamin K which is known promoting calcium absorption by your body thus inhibiting bone loss.
The vitamin C found in cauliflower enhances the absorption of iron, which aids in the production of haemoglobin in your body.
6. Stomach disorders
Cauliflower is possibly rich in glucosinolate, glucoraphanin and sulforaphane, compounds that have been proven by research to protect the stomach lining from infections such as helicobacter pylori.
It contains fiber which is well known for promoting digestion and elimination of toxins from your body.
Moreover, isothiocyanates, naturally occuring small molecules present in cauliflower may protect you from abdominal disoders such as stomach ulcers and other gastric diseases.
Research has shown that brassica vegetables such as cauliflower may aid in breast cancer since they promote cell proliferation.
Cauliflower also contains a substance known as indole-3-carbinol which may help in inhibiting the growth of uterine cells due to its chemopreventive and antiestrogen effects.
8, Fetal growth
Cauliflower contains folate which promotes a healthy neural developement of the baby in pregnant women.
Studies have shown that the low serum potasium present in cauliflower may aid in regulating glucose metabolism thus lowering your blood sugar.
The vitamin B6 presenty in cauliflower has also been proven by studies to promote proper glucose tolerance in gestational diabetes patients.
Cauliflower contains a compound known as alicin, which has anti-inflammatory effects that protect you from programmed cell death(apoptosis).
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of essential nutrients, including magnesium, …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used to flavor a variety …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It …