Cauliflower is believed to originate from asia around the meditteranean sea.
Cauliflower is a low carb diet which is very popular and can be a substitute of high carb foods such as rice and pasta.
Cauliflower is a highly nutritious food that is packed with a variety of health benefits that we are going to figure out in this article.
Also check Asparagus Health Benefits
- 1. Hypertension
Cauliflower contains glucoraphanin and sulforaphane, compounds that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties thus protecting your body from oxidative stress.
The fiber and omega-3 fatty acids present in cauliflower may also protect your arteries from hardening.
Moreover, cauliflower also contain certain compounds that act the same way as hypertension medications by showing angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitory activity
The vitamin C present in cauliflower may aid in protecting you from infections and strengthening your defense mechanism.
Cauliflower is also rich in antioxidants and other nutrients which may strengthen your immune system.
3. Hair growth
Cauliflower contains abudant amounts of sulfur-containing amino acids which are known to promote hair growth.
The presence of silicon in cauliflower may also promote hair growth and shiny hair.
4. Bone health
Vitamin C, a compound present in cauliflower prevents the bones and joints from inflammatory damage by promoting the production of collagen. Studies have also associated Vitamin C with increased bone density thus protecting you from rheumatoid arthritis.
Futhermore, cauliflower contains adequate amounts of vitamin K which is known promoting calcium absorption by your body thus inhibiting bone loss.
The vitamin C found in cauliflower enhances the absorption of iron, which aids in the production of haemoglobin in your body.
6. Stomach disorders
Cauliflower is possibly rich in glucosinolate, glucoraphanin and sulforaphane, compounds that have been proven by research to protect the stomach lining from infections such as helicobacter pylori.
It contains fiber which is well known for promoting digestion and elimination of toxins from your body.
Moreover, isothiocyanates, naturally occuring small molecules present in cauliflower may protect you from abdominal disoders such as stomach ulcers and other gastric diseases.
Research has shown that brassica vegetables such as cauliflower may aid in breast cancer since they promote cell proliferation.
Cauliflower also contains a substance known as indole-3-carbinol which may help in inhibiting the growth of uterine cells due to its chemopreventive and antiestrogen effects.
8, Fetal growth
Cauliflower contains folate which promotes a healthy neural developement of the baby in pregnant women.
Studies have shown that the low serum potasium present in cauliflower may aid in regulating glucose metabolism thus lowering your blood sugar.
The vitamin B6 presenty in cauliflower has also been proven by studies to promote proper glucose tolerance in gestational diabetes patients.
Cauliflower contains a compound known as alicin, which has anti-inflammatory effects that protect you from programmed cell death(apoptosis).
- 10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home RemediesBrewers yeast, also known as nutritional yeast, is a fungus that is commonly used as a dietary supplement due to its nutritional properties. It is rich in B vitamins, proteins,Continue reading “10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home RemediesA 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies is the perfect guide for anyone looking to manage their arthritis symptoms naturally and safely. Written by an experienced medical professional, thisContinue reading “A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies”
- Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home RemediesHealing with natural energy has been practiced throughout the ages, but it has experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. Natural energies can be harnessed and used to helpContinue reading “Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home Remedies”
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesArthritis is a common chronic condition that causes painful inflammation and joint damage. For those living with arthritis, finding relief from the pain can be a challenge. Fortunately, there isContinue reading “Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesPeppermint and eucalyptus oil blend for arthritis is an effective way to treat and manage the pain, inflammation, and other symptoms associated with the condition. This natural remedy has beenContinue reading “Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”