Oats are rich in fiber, which slows down the digestion process. Studies have shown that fast-digesting foods dramatically increase blood sugar levels.
Oats scientifically known as Avena sativa belong to the poaceae grass family of plants.
Asia is believed to be the origin of oats.
In this article you will learn about the 8 amazing health benefits of consuming oats.
Oats are rich in fiber, which slows down the digestion process. Resaerch has shown that foods that are digested quickly leads to quick blood sugar spikes.
- It also slows the digestion process by making contents in the stomach thicker.
- Futhermore, oats have a low glycemic index since they are not high in carbohydrates.
The fiber present in oatmeal is known for gut health and is good for treating constipation by increasing stool weight.
Oats contain abudant amounts of antioxidants that have been proven to fight cancer.
The fiber present in oats may help patients suffering from rectal and colon cancer.
4. Cardiovascular health
Oats contain beta-glucan, a type of soluble fiber that reduces the levels of bad cholesterol without affecting the levels of good cholesterol.
Oats are also rich in vitamin C, which combines with fiber to prevent you from LDL bad cholesterol oxidation which can cause heart disease.
5. Weight loss
The fiber found in oats makes you feel fuller for longer, which makes you not to overeat.
The beta-glucan found in fiber may also slow down the emptying of the stomach.
6. Bone health
Oats are loaded with minerals that are essential for bone health.
They contain silicon, a mineral that promotes bone formation and maintenance.
Since soma studies have shown that oats inhibit the absorption of calcium in your body, you should consult your doctor before consumption.
7. Promotes sleep
Melatonin is a chemical that promotes a healthy sleep.
Oats contain Minerals and amino acids that promote the production of melatonin.
In addition, oats are loaded with vitamin B6 which aids in reducing stress, a major cause of sleeplessness.
8. Boost exercise performance
Oats contain carbohydrates, proteins, energy and calories which boosts your metabolism and performance when consumed 45 minutes before a workout.
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of essential nutrients, including magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc. Sesame seeds are also a good source of fiber and protein. Sesame seeds have many health benefits, including lowering cholesterol and …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used to flavor a variety of dishes, from bread and cheese to soups and stews. Caraway seeds are also used to make a variety of health-related products, including dietary supplements …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …