Arthritis begins with a mild stiffness in the knee that progresses to the point where you have difficulty walking and jogging is quite painful.
This article will show you some 6 health benefits that avocado provides to arthritis patients.
6 Avocado Benefits in Arthritis
1. Reduces Inflammation
Inflammation can be caused by an overload on the joint or autoimmune disorder. These promote articular joint damage.
Avocados are high in anti-inflammatory mono-unsaturated fats which primarily suppress pro-inflammatory cytokines.
These are cytokine proteins that trigger inflammation.
The presence of vitamin E also gives avocado its anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Avocado Soybean Unsaponifiables
Some people use ASU( Avocado soy unsaponifiables ) which are known to boost collagen production in the joints.
Collagen is an important component in cartilage that contributes to its health.
Studies have also shown that ASU’s inhibit genes expression of molecules known to trigger inflammation.
3. Antioxidant Properties
Arthritis has been linked with oxidative stress which is increased production of free radicals and reduced antioxidant defense system.
Arthritis leads to the reduction of certain antioxidants which include vitamin C, catalase, GPx, and Glutathione.
Avocado is packed with all these antioxidants which help fight oxidative stress.
Also check Freedom From Arthritis Naturally
Avocados contain vitamins and minerals including Vitamins E and C, Selenium, and Zinc.
Vitamin E, C, and selenium reduce the oxidative stress of enzymes by reducing the accumulation of free radicals and reducing lipid peroxidation.
Zinc has the ability to strengthen the Immune system whereas else selenium acts as a co-factor to the antioxidant enzyme, SOD.
5. Metabolic Health
Arthritis patients are mostly at a high risk of metabolic syndromes.
People are considered to have metabolic syndromes when they have the following complications:
- High serum triglyceride levels
- Low levels of HDL(good cholesterol)
- High blood pressure
High levels of triglycerides and low levels of good cholesterol increase the risk of high blood pressure which is due to the narrowing of the lumen of the arteries.
This narrowing is due to the deposition of cholesterol, triglycerides, and WBC’s on the walls of the arteries.
Obese people are likely to suffer from arthritis due to the intense stress to the joints of the knee.
Avocados have monounsaturated fats which reduce the risk of high blood pressure by reducing the amount of bad cholesterol from the arteries.
Avocados contain antioxidant vitamins E and C which help prevent oxidation of LDL(bad cholesterol).
Avocados are also good for reducing weight thus helping people with arthritis.
6. Joint Health
Avocados improve joint health by reducing stiffness, inflammation and enhancing cartilage repair.
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …
- 7 Benefits of Black Pepper- Pentaglax Home RemediesBlack pepper(Piper Nigrum L) is rich in antioxidants, especially piperine, which has been found to help neutralize free radicals that can damage the body’s cells and cause disease. This compound is also useful as an antibacterial, antioxidant and helps to protect the protective gastroduodenal mucosa. Black Pepper Benefits High in antioxindants Black pepper contains many …
- Depression: Brightening Your Mood With Food – Pentaglax Home RemediesDepression is actually a mental illness that is characterized by gloom over virtually every aspect of an individuals life. The body, mood and and thoughts are all involved. It has become quiet common in these modern times due to a number of factors within and outside the individuals environment. The COVID pandemic has triggered a …