What is Gout? This is a condition whereby uric acid crystalizes forming it’s salt form referred to as urates. Uric acid is a normal liquid by product of protein metabolism. In some people this product crystalizes forming glass like substances. These are then deposited in the joints and may cause damage. They prefer depositing in the big toe and cause inflammation, swelling and pain. It’s sometime referred to as gouty arthritis.
Who gets this? Well, it is not clear but maybe some genetic factors are involved. People who eat plenty of roasted meat and drink alcohol seem to be the preferred candidates. They generally develop high levels of uric acid.
This condition may create a number of health complications. These salts may be depositing in the kidneys, gall bladder and joints. This can end up destroying these parts over a prolonged period of time.
1. Drink plenty of water
Water helps in diluting the uric acid and also helps in dissolving the crystals. About 12 glasses of water daily need to be consumed. Most of the people affected are generally poor water drinkers. This is considered as the best remedy.
2. Avoid alcoholic beverages
Alcohol boosts uric acid levels. Therefore these must be done away with immediately. Beer, wine etc must be avoided without any compromise.
These contain compounds that are capable of neutralising the uric acid. It helps in both preventive and the treatment of gout.
Also read 10 Amazing Health Benefits of Brown Rice
4. Avoid purine rich foods
Purines in foods are converted into uric acid. Therefore it’s important that apart from avoiding proteins, purine rich foods must also be eliminated. Some of these foods include beans, mushrooms, fish, liver, kidney etc.
5. Consume Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is one product that is helping people suffering from gout. This product is a natural extract from apples. It is safe and natural and is rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus. It has anti-inflammatory properties and helps manage pain naturally. It helps dissolve salts that are deposited in the joints hence promoting joint health. Once the avc is processed in the body, it’s residue is alkaline. This helps in restoring the body pH and also acidic toxic products elimination. It promotes the dissolution of urates and their elimination via the kidney.
Also read 7 Health Benefits of Beans
It can be seen therefore that lifestyle may promote formation and deposition of urates in the joints. It is therefore essential that one practices healthy living. Avoid foods that promote excessive uric acid production and consume more foods that promote alkalinization.
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …
- 7 Benefits of Black Pepper- Pentaglax Home RemediesBlack pepper(Piper Nigrum L) is rich in antioxidants, especially piperine, which has been found to help neutralize free radicals that can damage the body’s cells and cause disease. This compound is also useful as an antibacterial, antioxidant and helps to protect the protective gastroduodenal mucosa. Black Pepper Benefits High in antioxindants Black pepper contains many …
- Depression: Brightening Your Mood With Food – Pentaglax Home RemediesDepression is actually a mental illness that is characterized by gloom over virtually every aspect of an individuals life. The body, mood and and thoughts are all involved. It has become quiet common in these modern times due to a number of factors within and outside the individuals environment. The COVID pandemic has triggered a …