An unhealthy diet consists of foods that are prone to inflammation, such as artificial food additives, fried foods, synthetic sweeteners, antibiotic-enriched animal products, processed foods, and sugar.
Inflammation is a natural component in an immune system’s response. It signals your body from injury or damage, such as when your ankle throbs and inflates after a break so that your immune system may respond.
Apart from external injuries, inflammation can be caused by a variety of factors, including excessive stress, lack of sleep, heredity and poor nutrition.
This diet increases abdominal fat, causes joint discomfort, lowers levels of probiotics in the bowel, causes weight gain, fatigue and bloating, and links diabetes and obesity to heart disease and cancer.
You will learn how to reduce inflammation by increasing the number of beneficial bacteria in your intestine, extinguishing inflammatory genes and lowering levels of pro-inflammatory indicators by eating curative foods.
Also check 8 Health Benefits of Asparagus
Foods That Lower Inflammation
Ginger contains compounds known as gingerols which are antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-disease.
Research has shown that ginger inhibits swelling and inflammation.
Blue berries contain antioxidants known as anthocyanins that contribute to their anti-inflammatory effect by inhibiting inflammatory genes.
They also contain antioxidants such as flavonoids which reduce inflammation too.
Also check Healing Without Medicine or Surgery
3. Raw Oats
Oats are resistant starch that is not digested in your gut.
They feed your healthy gut bacteria, then produce a fatty acid that leads to efficient fat oxidation known as butyrate.
Higher levels of butyrate have been linked with reduced inflammation.
4. Dark Chocolate
There are certain microbes that ferment chocolate in our stomachs producing anti-inflammatory compounds that inhibit genes linked to insulin resistance and inflammation.
Also check 10 Amazing Health Benefits of Bell Pepper
5. Red Peppers
Red peppers contain vitamin C, bioflavonoids beta-carotene, quercetin, and luteolin which have been proven to reduce inflammation.
They contain omega-3 fatty acids, polyunsaturated fats that are anti-inflammatory.
They provide you with EPA and DHA which fight inflammation by increasing the levels of a hormone by the name adiponectin.
Adiponectin enhances your muscles’ ability to use carbs for energy, boosts metabolism, and burns fat thus suppresses inflammation genes.
Also check 1o Amazing Health Benefits of Brown Rice
Research has shown that turmeric shuts down inflammatory enzymes, COX-2, and 5-LOX.
Turmeric has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties thus reducing liver damage, heart disease, joint inflammation, and other diseases.
Broccoli contains vitamin K which regulates inflammation.
Broccoli is high in glucosinolate compounds that help prevent unwanted inflammation when they’re converted to I3C—.
Also check 10 Impressive Health Benefits of Tomatoes
9. Chia Seeds
Chia seeds help stabilize blood sugar levels which increases inflammation due to the overproduction of reactive oxygen species (ROS), inflammatory free radicals.
Spinach contains Vitamins C, K, E, and carotenoids which are all known to fight inflammation-causing agents cytokines.
Pineapple contains Bromelain, an enzyme that acts as a meat tenderizer and a powerful anti-inflammatory.
Bromelain contains amounts of potassium that help to repair and resolve muscle soreness that can be a result of exercise.
The yolk of an egg is rich in vitamin D which is known to diminish inflammation.
Vitamin D deficiency has also been linked with high levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines.
Also check 10 Health Benefits of Pectin
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …
- 7 Benefits of Black Pepper- Pentaglax Home RemediesBlack pepper(Piper Nigrum L) is rich in antioxidants, especially piperine, which has been found to help neutralize free radicals that can damage the body’s cells and cause disease. This compound is also useful as an antibacterial, antioxidant and helps to protect the protective gastroduodenal mucosa. Black Pepper Benefits High in antioxindants Black pepper contains many …
- Depression: Brightening Your Mood With Food – Pentaglax Home RemediesDepression is actually a mental illness that is characterized by gloom over virtually every aspect of an individuals life. The body, mood and and thoughts are all involved. It has become quiet common in these modern times due to a number of factors within and outside the individuals environment. The COVID pandemic has triggered a …