Olive oil is an extract of olive fruits. It is a common traditional oil used to prepare Mediterranean dishes. Its quiet rich in essential fatty acids. The oil has a number of health benefits. It is typically used in dressing. It is destroyed when subjected to excessive heat losing most of its medicinal properties. Olive oil has been used internally as well as externally in the application in the human body.
Also check 10 Health Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds
The olive oil is a nutritional dense oil. It contains a number of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients etc. These confer antioxidant , anti-inflammatory and other useful heath benefits. Some of the notable nutrients include:
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin A
It also contains polyphenols which are very powerful antioxidants. Some of the notable ones include:
These powerful antioxidants help in protecting body cells from the damage by free radicals. That’s how it also becomes beneficial in the prevention and fight against cancer.
Also check 10 Health Benefits of Grapes
Olive Oil Benefits
Heart health is highly dependent on the quality of its piping and nutrient intake. The deposit of cholesterol into the arterial walls leads to shrinking. As a result, there is less blood flow in the heart. It must also pump harder to provide the organism’s daily needs to support health.
Olive oil antioxidants play an important role in cardiac health. They keep bad cholesterol from settling in the arteries. Therefore, they also help improve blood flow in and outside the heart.The heart also pumps at normal rates conserving energy. Nutrients and oxygen reach the heart and other tissues at the required normal rates without hindrance.
Olive oil antioxidants play a major role in heart health. They prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited inside the arteries. Therefore they also help improve blood flow into and outside the heart. The heart also pumps at normal rates conserving energy. Nutrients and oxygen reach the heart and other tissues at the required normal rates without hindrances.
Olive oil has been discovered to keep the cardiovascular system healthy, including the cerebral arteries. The narrowing or blocking of the cerebral arteries is checked by olive oil components. Antioxidant compounds also protect against cell damage. Therefore, the brain is healthy. There is a healthy blood flow that provides both oxygen and nutrients. As a result, memory is enhanced.
Also check 16 Top Raw Honey Health Benefits
Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) is fairly rich in anti-oxidants. This is because it is processed by hand to preserve nutrients, especially polyphenols. When heat is used in the industrial extraction process, such as in canola processing, etc., a number of essential nutrients are lost in the process. Most supermarket shelf oils are treated with heat, therefore they are nutritionally deficient compared to EVOO.
Olive oil has anti-bacterial properties. Its arsenal of antioxidant nutrients is also capable of stimulating the active immune system while protecting it from free radical damage. Vitamin A is a potent antibacterial and antiviral agent.
Arthritis is a condition characterized by inflammation, pain and swelling in the joints and tissues involved. There is damage to the affected tissues. Olive oil is able to prevent and control free radical damage to tissues. The powerful polyphenols, vitamins and minerals actually exert an anti-inflammatory effect. They provide relief.
Also check 9 Tips to Heal Arthritis at Home
Cancer is a condition in which some rogue cells start to grow without limit, resulting in damage to nearby tissues and organs. Powerful polyphenol olive oils have shown that they help to destroy cancerous breast cells.
Diabetes and blood sugar regulation
Olive oil helps control the amount of sugar in the body. This improves digestion and prevents the deposition of bad fats in the body. This leads to weight loss, which also contributes to the control of sugar in the blood.
Also check 10 Home Remedies Tips For Diabetes
Weight Loss and Obesity
Olive oil really helps to enhance the digestive process. It contains good oils which hinder the deposit of cholesterol in the tissues of the body. As a result, weight reduction is improved.
High blood pressure is caused by constriction of the arteries. In general, bad cholesterol is the one that is responsible for this scenario. Once deposited in the arteries, the narrowing commences and the blood pressure is elevated. Since polyphenols and other anti-oxidants are able to control this, blood pressure is effectively lowered.
Olive oil has been used by Mediterranean populations for hundreds of years. Interestingly, they rarely exhibit the chronic degenerative diseases that afflict communities on the typical Western diet. So we have to learn something from these folks. Why not introduce this oil into your dish to prevent, stop or even reverse disease?
Also check 7 Powerful Arthritis Home Remedies
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of essential nutrients, including magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc. Sesame seeds are also a good source of fiber and protein. Sesame seeds have many health benefits, including lowering cholesterol and …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used to flavor a variety of dishes, from bread and cheese to soups and stews. Caraway seeds are also used to make a variety of health-related products, including dietary supplements …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …