Black seed or black cumin are virtually the same thing and an oil is extracted from it known as black seed oil. This oil and powdered seed have been used from early times. Its mentioned even in scripture books such as the Koran as for use in healing. They contain a number of medicinally active constituents including powerful antioxidants.
It contains a number of medicinally active nutrients. These give it a broad range of benefits to virtually all body health systems. Some of the notable nutrients include:
- Folic acid
- Essential fatty acids
Black Seed Oil Benefits
The immune system is made up of cells and organs that help in the protective function of the body. We have trillions of cells in our body. The health of these cells is a high priority for health to be maintained. Bacteria and viruses sometimes invade these cells leading to disease. In cases of cancer some of these normal cells may develop some genetic defects and grow uncontrollably. This leads to damage of tissues and organs leading to disease.
The antioxidants in the black seed are capable of protecting the body cells from any damage or invasion. Therefore they help boost the immune functions.
Support Heart Health
The heart plays a major role in our body. It pumps the blood all over our body supplying nutrients and also collects toxins and sends them to the eliminating organs. Therefore the arteries in the heart need to be in their normal sizes and shapes for optimal performance. However, when they become clogged, constriction occurs and in the worst case scenario a blockage. Bad cholesterol is what normally triggers this condition.
Black seed nutrients have the ability of preventing and removing this bad cholesterol from arteries. Therefore the oil plays a vital role in heart health.
Promote Respiratory Health
The respiratory system inhales a number of substances from the environment. Bacteria, dust, smoke, perfumes etc. All these find their way into the respiratory system hence the immune function is quiet active here. The immune function ensures that anything that is toxic is neutralized and eliminated out of the system speedily. During these processes the respiratory cells may become casualties in the battle with the foreign substances.
The vitamins, minerals and other antioxidants in black seed oil come in handy in the defence of the Respiratory system. They help neutralise free radicals that are cell damaging. They also have antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. Therefore black seed contributes effectively in respiratory health.
Hair and Skin Nourishment
For the skin and hair to be healthy its important that adequate oxygen and nutrients are available. They also need protection from parasitic infections.
Black seed oil for hair growth is a powerful antioxidant and therefore protects cellular damage from offensive substances. It also helps boost the nutrient supply through the blood flow system. Toxic wastes are also carried away promptly to the elimination organs. Further the antibacterial and antifungal properties helps keep thes away from the skin.
We can therefore see that skin and hair health benefit grossly from black seed oil nutrients.
Support Healthy Liver
The liver is the organ that does a lot of detoxification work. Its exposed to virtually all toxins that enter our body. Therefore it needs a lot of nutrients that help it with its work including detoxification. Antioxidants have the power of protecting the liver cells. Black seed does a good job in both protecting and repairing the liver cells.
Weight Loss Management
When the digestion is poor food may be converted into fat and stored. This may lead to obesity or excessive weight gain.
Black seed oil is known to improve digestive health and nutrient absorption in the digestive tract. It also helps prevent cholesterol deposition in body tissues. Therefore the net effect is weight loss.
Support Joint Health
Arthritis is a condition which there is a manifestation of chronic inflammation, pain and swelling in the joints and tissues. Damage occurs on the affected tissues. Black seed oil is able to prevent and control free radical damage in the affected tissues. The antioxidants, vitamins and minerals are actually powerful anti-inflammatory substances..
Aid Digestive Health
The stomach is the equipment that mixes the chewed food with digestive juices. These help break down the food into tiny substances that may be absorbed via the small intestinal tract.
Black seed oil improves the digestive help leading to improved absorption of foods.
Blood Sugar Regulation
Black seed oil helps regulate the blood sugar in the body. It helps improve digestive health and nutrient absorption in the digestive tract. It further helps promote weight loss by also preventing bad cholesterol from being deposited in tissues.
Support Blood Pressure Regulation
High blood pressure is caused by constriction of the arteries. In general, bad cholesterol is the one that is responsible for this scenario. Once deposited in the arteries, the narrowing commences and the blood pressure is elevated. Since polyphenols and other anti-oxidants are able to control this, blood pressure is effectively lowered.
Cancer is a condition in which some rogue cells start to grow without limit, resulting in damage to nearby tissues and organs. Powerful antioxidants in black seed oil have shown that they help to destroy cancerous cells.
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of essential nutrients, including magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc. Sesame seeds are also a good source of fiber and protein. Sesame seeds have many health benefits, including lowering cholesterol and …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used to flavor a variety of dishes, from bread and cheese to soups and stews. Caraway seeds are also used to make a variety of health-related products, including dietary supplements …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …