Ginger is believed to have originated from southeast asia.
The underground part of the stem is oftenly used as a spice. It is widely known as the ginger root.
Also check 10 Health Benefits of Gingko Biloba
Add ginger on your diet to get the following health benefits:
Ginger contains large amounts of gingerol, a substance that is viewed as powerful in reducing cancer risk.
Research has shown that ginger may be effective to different types of cancer such as gastrointestinal cancer, liver cancer, pancreatic cancer and ovarian cancer.
Also check Gout: Symptoms, Causes and Natural Remedies
2. Lower cholesterol levels
The type of food you eat will determine your cholesterol levels.
High bad LDL cholesterol levels are associated with a high risk of heart related diseases.
Studies have proven that taking 3grams of ginger three times a day may aid in reducing LDL bad cholesterol and triglycerides levels.
3. Weight loss
Ginger is a good choice for lowering your weight.
Ginger aids in weight loss since it increases the amount of calories burned by your body and reduces inflammation. In
4. Lowers blood sugar
Gingerol, the main component found in ginger aids in the absorption of glucose in muscle cells without insulin.
This may help reduce high blood sugar levels.
Also check 7 Health Benefits of Beans
Ginger has been found to speed up digestion and empty the stomach on people with indegestion problems and stomach discomfort.
Research stated that it took 12.3 minutes for the stomach to empty on indegestion patients who consumed ginger.
Studies have shown ginger to be effective in reducing pain and disability on arthritis patients.
Ginger inhibits the effect of certain chemical substances that trigger joint inflammation.
7. Boost immunity
Ginger contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that fight free radicals and inflammation, keeping you at a low risk of infections.
8. Heart health
Ginger contains antioxidants which aid in reducing the formation of plaq in the arteries due to high cholesterol.
Ginger is also capable of reducing blood clots in your blood vessels since it contains blood thinning properties.
9. Skin health
Ginger’s antioxidant properties are widely known to aid in softening the skin.
Ginger aids in proper blood circulation and flushes out toxins from the skin.
Moreover, ginger protects your skin from damage by free radicals and UV light.
Also check The No Nightshade Arthritis Diet
10. Menstrual cramps
Ginger regulates the levels of prostaglandins in menstruating women.
Higher levels of prostaglandins are associated with critical menstrual cramps.
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It is also rich in a phytonutrient called resveratrol. It has many therapeutic benefits in preventing and neutralizing …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis. Nutritional Content Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, …
- 7 Benefits of Black Pepper- Pentaglax Home RemediesBlack pepper(Piper Nigrum L) is rich in antioxidants, especially piperine, which has been found to help neutralize free radicals that can damage the body’s cells and cause disease. This compound is also useful as an antibacterial, antioxidant and helps to protect the protective gastroduodenal mucosa. Black Pepper Benefits High in antioxindants Black pepper contains many …
- Depression: Brightening Your Mood With Food – Pentaglax Home RemediesDepression is actually a mental illness that is characterized by gloom over virtually every aspect of an individuals life. The body, mood and and thoughts are all involved. It has become quiet common in these modern times due to a number of factors within and outside the individuals environment. The COVID pandemic has triggered a …