High blood pressure is also known as hypertension. It describes the elevated pressure within the arteriole walls due to various factors. The elevated pressure is not healthy for the body and may lead to more complicated cases. A rupture in brain arteries may lead to clot formation and a stroke. The heart is also affected since its the one pumping the blood in the sick arteries. Narrowing of the arteries may be one of the causes of this elevated blood pressure. In this scenario your heart must work harder than normal to pump blood through the blood circulatory system. This may lead to the risk of a heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, eye damage, congestive heart failure, and atherosclerosis.
What are the types of high blood pressure?
Systolic hypertension- Pressure exceeds 140mmHg
Diastolic hypertension- Pressure exceeds 90mmHg
Also check 10 Health Benefits of Ginger
What are the causes of high blood pressure?
The exact cause of hypertension is not well known but certain factors may play a role:
- Old age
- Lack of physical activity
- Too much salt in food
- Too much alcohol consumption
Also check 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Calcium
What are the signs and symptoms of high blood pressure?
- Severe headaches
- Nose bleeding
- Chest pain
- Vision problems
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blood in urine
- Difficult breathing
Also check Healing Without Medicine or Surgery
Beneficial Foods For high blood pressure
1. Diuretic foods
Diuretic foods help in reducing sodium and water levels in the body. Some examples are coffee, hibiscus, green and black tea. Diuretic tablets are the ones given to mild cases of hypertension to help lower it.
Research has proven that eating 1-2 servings of nitrate-rich vegetables can reduce blood pressure for 24 hours.
In addition, vegetables are loaded with antioxidants such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium which are beneficial for hypertension.
Also check 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Rosemary
Garlic is associated with increased nitric oxide production by the body.
Nitric acid relaxes the smooth muscles and dilates the blood vessels thus helping people with hypertension.
Guava fruit is high in potassium and soluble fiber.
Research has shown that guava fruit increases levels of good HDL cholesterol which makes it an excellent choice for cholesterol.
5. Citrus Fruits
They contain vitamins, minerals, and plant chemicals that help keep your heart healthy.
Also check Top 8 Health Benefits of Eggs
It contains compounds known as phthalides, which may aid in the relaxation of blood vessels and the lowering of blood pressure.
Squash has a high potassium content that helps in keeping your blood pressure in check.
It also contains insoluble fiber, a type of fiber that is indigestible which helps with hypertension.
Also check 8 Most Common Causes of Fatigue
Pears are rich in antioxidants such as procyanidins and quercetin, and potassium which tends to regulate the blood pressure and cholesterol.
9. Fish oil
Fish oil contains omega 3 which is known to promote heart health.
- 10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home RemediesBrewers yeast, also known as nutritional yeast, is a fungus that is commonly used as a dietary supplement due to its nutritional properties. It is richContinue reading “10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home RemediesA 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies is the perfect guide for anyone looking to manage their arthritis symptoms naturally and safely. Written by anContinue reading “A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies”
- Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home RemediesHealing with natural energy has been practiced throughout the ages, but it has experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. Natural energies can be harnessedContinue reading “Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home Remedies”
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesArthritis is a common chronic condition that causes painful inflammation and joint damage. For those living with arthritis, finding relief from the pain can be aContinue reading “Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesPeppermint and eucalyptus oil blend for arthritis is an effective way to treat and manage the pain, inflammation, and other symptoms associated with the condition. ThisContinue reading “Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”