High blood pressure is also known as hypertension. It describes the elevated pressure within the arteriole walls due to various factors. The elevated pressure is not healthy for the body and may lead to more complicated cases. A rupture in brain arteries may lead to clot formation and a stroke. The heart is also affected since its the one pumping the blood in the sick arteries. Narrowing of the arteries may be one of the causes of this elevated blood pressure. In this scenario your heart must work harder than normal to pump blood through the blood circulatory system. This may lead to the risk of a heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, eye damage, congestive heart failure, and atherosclerosis.
What are the types of high blood pressure?
Systolic hypertension- Pressure exceeds 140mmHg
Diastolic hypertension- Pressure exceeds 90mmHg
Also check 10 Health Benefits of Ginger
What are the causes of high blood pressure?
The exact cause of hypertension is not well known but certain factors may play a role:
- Old age
- Lack of physical activity
- Too much salt in food
- Too much alcohol consumption
Also check 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Calcium
What are the signs and symptoms of high blood pressure?
- Severe headaches
- Nose bleeding
- Chest pain
- Vision problems
- Irregular heartbeat
- Blood in urine
- Difficult breathing
Also check Healing Without Medicine or Surgery
Beneficial Foods For high blood pressure
1. Diuretic foods
Diuretic foods help in reducing sodium and water levels in the body. Some examples are coffee, hibiscus, green and black tea. Diuretic tablets are the ones given to mild cases of hypertension to help lower it.
Research has proven that eating 1-2 servings of nitrate-rich vegetables can reduce blood pressure for 24 hours.
In addition, vegetables are loaded with antioxidants such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium which are beneficial for hypertension.
Also check 8 Amazing Health Benefits of Rosemary
Garlic is associated with increased nitric oxide production by the body.
Nitric acid relaxes the smooth muscles and dilates the blood vessels thus helping people with hypertension.
Guava fruit is high in potassium and soluble fiber.
Research has shown that guava fruit increases levels of good HDL cholesterol which makes it an excellent choice for cholesterol.
5. Citrus Fruits
They contain vitamins, minerals, and plant chemicals that help keep your heart healthy.
Also check Top 8 Health Benefits of Eggs
It contains compounds known as phthalides, which may aid in the relaxation of blood vessels and the lowering of blood pressure.
Squash has a high potassium content that helps in keeping your blood pressure in check.
It also contains insoluble fiber, a type of fiber that is indigestible which helps with hypertension.
Also check 8 Most Common Causes of Fatigue
Pears are rich in antioxidants such as procyanidins and quercetin, and potassium which tends to regulate the blood pressure and cholesterol.
9. Fish oil
Fish oil contains omega 3 which is known to promote heart health.
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, …