Sleep is something that serves us in helping our body relax and be rejuvenated. After a heavy day of activities, we find that our energy levels are depleted. We begin to feel weak and feel like dosing off. During sleep a number of our body systems are set on low operation mode. The extra energy conserved are directed towards the digestive and repair systems. When we awaken, we find that our batteries are fully charged! We are fully awake, alert and filled with vitality. Detoxification of our body was done thoroughly during sleep. We feel much better and are ready for the new days tasks and activities.
Benefits of Sleep
The benefit of sleep is a wholistic experience. Every cell, tissue, organ and system benefits. If we fail to get adequate sleep of about 8 hours daily then our trillion body cells are affected negatively. They develop an energy deficiency and hence cannot operate optimally to sustain life.
The following benefits are associated with adequate daily sleep:
During sleep the brain activities are slowed down. It gets it’s rest over this period such that in the morning you’ll be wide awake and able to carry out your daily chores. The feeling you get when you are completely worn out is dozing and a lot of incoordination of activities. After an 8 hour rest, you feel much fresher and your mind is well coordinated.
After a heavy days work our batteries seem to run down just like a our mobile phones. We seem to recharge our batteries in spiritual chargers when asleep. In the morning we find ourselves possessing a lot of vitality. The sleep was necessary for this effect to be realized.
Heart Health Boost
During sleep your mind and body are relaxed. External stressful conditions are shut off hence the excessive stressor hormones release is suspended e.g cortisol and adrenaline. These hormones pressure the heart to work harder and pump more blood to body tissues. Hence the heart takes a bit if rest from these stressors until the waking moment.
During sleep there is enhanced immune function. More energy is allocated during sleep as most emergency signals are put to rest. The immune cells are repaired and bugs that are unwanted are dealt with accordingly.
Prevention of Weight Gain
During our waking day is when our sensory organs operate fully including those concerned with appetite. At this time is when our habitual lifestyle on food eating is on the works. During sleep the appetite center is suspended. Therefore there is no eating.
When we find ourselves with low energy, we are generally moody. We can’t concen or coordinate activities. We simply feel like we need to have some rest and recharge. After this our moods are elevated. Therefore eep helps elevate our moods.
Better Athletic Performance
An athlete cannot perform at his best when under low energy. Rest and sleep are essential to be able to regain stamina and endurance. Sleep helps in this.
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, …
- 7 Benefits of Black Pepper- Pentaglax Home RemediesBlack pepper(Piper Nigrum L) is rich in antioxidants, especially piperine, which has …
- Depression: Brightening Your Mood With Food – Pentaglax Home RemediesDepression is actually a mental illness that is characterized by gloom over …