Acerola cherry (malpighia glabra) is a type of cherry found in the rain forests. It is rich in both vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. These are the ones that give it its powerful health benefits. Below are a number of nutrients that are found in acerola cherry.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and C
- Phytonutrients e.g bioflavonoids
The health benefits of acerola cherry result from the interplay of these nutrients to help promote health within the body’s cells.
Benefits of Acerola Cherry
The rich content of antioxidant vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients helps prevent free radical damage to the skin cells. They also improve blood circulation to the skin, providing proper nutrition and oxygenation. Vitamin A is known to be a potent promoter of skin health and is present in a number of skin care products with vitamin E.
Also check Apple Cider Vinegar Health Benefits
Blood Sugar Regulation
We know that acerola cherry encourages the secretion of digestive juices. This allows for better digestion and food absorption. In addition, fiber content stimulates the digestive process. As a result, the deposit of cholesterol in the tissues is hampered and weight loss is enhanced as blood sugar levels are balanced.
Supports Digestive Health
Acerola cherry enhances digestive health by promoting the production of digestive juices. Fiber content also plays an important role.
Also check Depression: Brighten Your Mood With Food
Boosts Eye Health
Acerola cherries are known to have strong effects on eye health. It provides powerful anti-oxidants that play a key role in protecting cellular damage from free radicals. Lutein and beta-carotene play an important role, in addition to other antioxidants, in improving eye health.
Promotes Weight Loss
Acerola cherry helps reduce cholesterol within the body. Antioxidants help prevent the formation of fat, which can lead to weight gain. Fiber content also supports good digestion and a healthy intestinal microbiome. It also contributes to weight loss.
Also check 7 Powerful Arthritis Home Remedies
Acerola cherries play an important role in ensuring the integrity of the body’s cells. Cells are generally damaged and age faster due to free radical damage from within or outside. This rich team of acerola-cherry antioxidants can neutralise this destructive effect. As a result, cells appear young.
Improves Heart Health
Cherry acerola is cardio protective. Simply put, its active nutrients are able to prevent bad cholesterol from depositing into the arteries. As a result, acerola cherry promotes healthy blood circulation in the heart and also helps lower blood pressure.
Also check 7 Health Benefits of Milk
Acerola cherries assist in boosting immune function. Antioxidants contribute to the protection of immune cells against free radicals. The nutrients are also antibacterial and anti-fungal. Consequently, it strengthens the immune system.
Acerola cherry has a number of antioxidant minerals, vitamins and phytonutrients. All these help prevent damage to the body cells of virtually all body organs. Vitamin A, Zinc, beta carotene etc are well known antioxidants.
Liver Health Support
The antioxidants of acerola cherries help to protect the health of the liver while it conducts its detoxification processes.
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, …