Oregano is a herb that has many health benefits. It can help boost your immune system, fight off infections, and help with digestion.
Oregano (origanum vulgare) is a plant of the Lamiacea family and is also referred to as wild marjoram. The dried leaves and flowering tops are used globally to add flavor to meals and treat health problems.
The oregano plant is quiet rich in medicinally active nutrients. Some of these nutrients include:
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin E
- Beta carotene
Most of these nutrients help promote good health e,g the fiber helps promote good digestive health. The lutein is quiet useful in the protection of the eye and improvement of vision.
Health Benefits of Oregano
The oregano plant contains several nutrients that have antibacterial properties. Some of them are thymol and cavarcol. These are known to help neutralize sturbbon infections such as staphylococcus. Oregano also has a number of nutritional elements which are potent antioxidants. They help to protect cells from damage from free radicals.
Blood Sugar Regulation
Oregano nutrients are very useful in controlling hyperglycemia since they improve pancreatic activity to produce more insulin.This helps decrease high blood sugar levels.
Blockage of the heart’s arteries is the most common cause of heart health problems. That’s because there’s bad circulation and supply of nutrients. We know that LDL or bad cholesterol favors this situation. Consuming oregano oil has proven helpful in reducing LDL cholesterol and thus improves heart health.
Oregano has a combination of fibre and antibacterial and antifungal properties. They are useful in promoting bowel health. The fiber can feed the gut microbiome while bad bacteria and fungal outgrowths may be neutralized. This may help alleviate abdominal discomfort. Oregano can also promote the secretion of digestive juices, thus promoting healthy digestion.
Oregano is known to be rich in antioxidants which are able to protect the body’s cells against free radical damage. It is thought that cancer cells are the result of free radical damage on the DNA of healthy cells. Oregano promotes apoptosis or cell death and thus contributes to the elimination of the cancerous cell population. It is also known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
Oregano is rich in potent antioxidants which also carry out anti-inflammatory activities. As a result, conditions like arthritis, allergies and asthma may benefit.
Oregano contributes to reducing fear which may lead to the manifestation of anxiety. This helps to calm nerves, muscles and body. It promotes the release of dopamine, thus helping to reduce depression.
Oregano has strong anti-fungal properties. It can inhibit fungal skin infections, athletes foot and ringworms. It is also rich in anti-oxidants that help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals.
Oregano tea or oil can be used as appropriate to obtain its vast health benefits. It is also used as a spice and thus a great easy way to enjoy its health benefits. The oil can be applied in painful areas through massage.
High Blood Pressure
Oregano helps in lowering the deposition of LDL or bad cholesterol in the arteries. Therefore, it helps lower the blood pressure through the prevention of arterial constriction. It works amazingly when combined with cinnamon and turmeric in blood pressure lowering.
- 10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home RemediesBrewers yeast, also known as nutritional yeast, is a fungus that is commonly used as a dietary supplement due to its nutritional properties. It is rich in B vitamins, proteins,Continue reading “10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home RemediesA 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies is the perfect guide for anyone looking to manage their arthritis symptoms naturally and safely. Written by an experienced medical professional, thisContinue reading “A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies”
- Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home RemediesHealing with natural energy has been practiced throughout the ages, but it has experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. Natural energies can be harnessed and used to helpContinue reading “Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home Remedies”
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesArthritis is a common chronic condition that causes painful inflammation and joint damage. For those living with arthritis, finding relief from the pain can be a challenge. Fortunately, there isContinue reading “Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesPeppermint and eucalyptus oil blend for arthritis is an effective way to treat and manage the pain, inflammation, and other symptoms associated with the condition. This natural remedy has beenContinue reading “Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”