Pumpkin seeds are famed for possessing dense nutrition of vitamins, minerals and unsaturated fats. It is rich in manganese, zinc, phosphorous and unsaturated fats including alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). The zinc component is known to be effective in combating bacteria and viruses hence helping the immune system.
10 Pumpkin Seeds Benefits
1. Cholesterol Lowering
Pumpkin seeds are rich in plant sterols which help lower triglycerides(blood fats) and therefore promotes cardiovascular health including lowering blood pressure.
Pumpkin seeds are vested with antioxidants such as carotenoids and vitamin E. They are also fiber rich. All this helps in the prevention of free radical damage to our body cells that may lead to cancer. The antioxidants are also reduce inflammation in our bodies hence useful in diseases promoted by the inflammatory syndrome e.g rheumatoid arthritis.
Also Check 8 Incredible Health Benefits of Papaya Leaf Tea Remedy
3. Anti-inflammatory Effects
Pumpkin seeds are rich in antioxidants that also exert anti-inflammatory effects. They are capable of lowering inflammation in conditions such as arthritis.
4. Prostate Health
Pumpkin seeds have been used effectively in the management of of symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). In this condition that affects the elderly men, there is an enlargement of the prostate gland whereby urination becomes inhibited. The prostate gland health relies in the optimal presence of zinc levels.
Read 6 Remarkable Brain Boosting Nutrients
5. Heart Health
Pumpkin seeds are known to be rich in antioxidants that promote a healthy cardiovascular circulation. Magnesium, zinc and fatty acids are present in good amounts. The seeds nutrients also help increase nitric oxide levels in the body resulting in the enhancement of cardiovascular blood flow. The blood vessels flexibility is improved. All these contribute to positive heart health.
Also Check High Blood Pressure: Causes, Symptoms and Natural Remedies
5. Blood Sugar Regulation
Pumpkin seeds are rich in fiber, zinc, magnesium and other antioxidants. Consumption of fiber is known to contribute to better digestion and blood sugar regulation. The magnesium also plays a major role in in the blood sugar regulation. Therefore pumpkin seeds is beneficial for people who suffer from diabetes as a part of their diet program.
6. Weight Management
Pumpkin seeds contribute positively in a weight loss program. This is due to the presence of nutrients such as fiber, protein and unsaturated fatty acids. The fiber and protein may present a feeling of fullness and decrease the appetite for those on a weight loss program.
Read What To Eat If You Have Peptic Ulcers
7. Promote Sleep
Pumpkin seeds may help in having quality sleep since its a natural rich source of tryptophan. This is an amino acid that promotes sleep. The high content of nutrients such as selenium, zinc, copper are also contributory to better sleep experience.
Also Check 10 Impressive Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate Remedy
8. Boost Immunity
Pumpkin seeds help bolster the immune function to fight off bacteria and viruses. They aso help promote the healing of wounds. This is due to the presence of vital nutrients such as zinc, manganese and vitamin k.
9. Cancer Protection
Pumpkin seeds consumption may help promote cancer prevention. This is due to the presence of cancer-fighting nutrients e.g beta-carotene, zinc, selenium and other antioxidants.
10. Digestive Health
Pumpkin seeds are rich in insoluble fiber. This promotes good digestion and bowel movements. Its also rich in minerals such as calcium and iron. It should also be noted that a high fiber diet has been associated with a reduction in both heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Also Check A Practical Guide To Healthy Living ebook by Alfred Okoko
Also Check Freedom From Arthritis Naturally
Read Arthritis Pain In The Joint Remedy
Read 5 Extraordinary Benefits of Glucosamine Supplement For Joint Pain Remedy
- 10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home RemediesBrewers yeast, also known as nutritional yeast, is a fungus that is commonly used as a dietary supplement due to its nutritional properties. It is richContinue reading “10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home RemediesA 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies is the perfect guide for anyone looking to manage their arthritis symptoms naturally and safely. Written by anContinue reading “A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies”
- Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home RemediesHealing with natural energy has been practiced throughout the ages, but it has experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. Natural energies can be harnessedContinue reading “Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home Remedies”
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesArthritis is a common chronic condition that causes painful inflammation and joint damage. For those living with arthritis, finding relief from the pain can be aContinue reading “Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesPeppermint and eucalyptus oil blend for arthritis is an effective way to treat and manage the pain, inflammation, and other symptoms associated with the condition. ThisContinue reading “Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”