Immunity is about your body’s ability to naturally defend itself against invading organisms such as viruses and bacteria. Our bodies produce special proteins called antibodies, which are the agents that help fight off these unwanted parasites. They are disease specific.
3 Types of Immunity
There are three main types of immunity. These are namely:
- Adaptive or acquired
Innate immunity is derived from birth and comes from the mother. Adaptive immunity is developed as we expose ourselves to our worldly environment. Passive immunity is developed through vaccination programs.
Boosting immunity provides an important foundation for maintaining and improving your health throughout life.
5 Ways To Boost Immunity
Sleep deprivation impairs the optimal functioning of the immune system. It can lead to a chronic inflammatory response that can serve as the basis for a number of diseases. Some of these may include viral infections like the common cold. Good sleep strengthens the immune function and thus promotes rapid healing.
Exercising your body plays an important role in improving blood flow through the circulatory system. Oxygen and nutrients are transported more quickly to the cells in need, while toxic elements are carried away for excretion. The immune system also benefits from the efficient supply of nutrients and increase in the cell blood flow in the body. The lungs also help flush bacteria out of the lungs and airways.
The body’s immune system is dependent on a balanced supply of nutrients for optimal function. Nutrients that play an important role include minerals and vitamins such as selenium, zinc, copper, iron, vitamins A, C, E and B complex. Any nutrient deficiency negatively impacts immune function.
Immune function is greatly affected by the stress level of the individual. High levels of stress lead to the release of corticosteroid hormones, which impair immune function. The depression and anxiety it causes can also promote a powerful inflammatory response, thus promoting the onset of illnesses such as colds, flu, herpes, and allergies.
Spiritual connection is about understanding the divine nature of the soul in the body. It helps people develop mental calm and thus lowers stress levels that can lead to immune suppression.
- 10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home RemediesBrewers yeast, also known as nutritional yeast, is a fungus that is commonly used as a dietary supplement due to its nutritional properties. It is rich in B vitamins, proteins,Continue reading “10 Health Benefits of Brewers Yeast -Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home RemediesA 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies is the perfect guide for anyone looking to manage their arthritis symptoms naturally and safely. Written by an experienced medical professional, thisContinue reading “A 31 Day Guide to Arthritis Home Remedies”
- Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home RemediesHealing with natural energy has been practiced throughout the ages, but it has experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. Natural energies can be harnessed and used to helpContinue reading “Healing With Natural Energy Benefits – PentaGlax Home Remedies”
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesArthritis is a common chronic condition that causes painful inflammation and joint damage. For those living with arthritis, finding relief from the pain can be a challenge. Fortunately, there isContinue reading “Extra Virgin Olive Oil For Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home RemediesPeppermint and eucalyptus oil blend for arthritis is an effective way to treat and manage the pain, inflammation, and other symptoms associated with the condition. This natural remedy has beenContinue reading “Peppermint and Eucalyptus Oil Blend for Arthritis Relief – Pentaglax Home Remedies”