Basil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more.
Basil Nutritional Facts
Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, B2, B3, C and E.
Basil leaves and Tea Health Benefits
Basil leaves are rich in health-promoting nutrients with a wide range of benefits. Some health conditions that may benefit from basil tea include:
The benefits of basil leaves and tea include helping our body cells against free radical damage. It is suspected that free radicals or byproducts of the oxidation process can damage the DNA of healthy cells. As a result, some of these cells can go rogue and grow ceaselessly, causing tissue damage. The antioxidant nutrients in basil help counteract this cellular damage process. Vitamins C and E are known to be powerful antioxidants. Minerals such as zinc and selenium are also useful in this context.
Basil leaves and tea are known to promote good digestion. They are used as part of our daily cooking spices in most dishes. They promote appetite, digestion and blood circulation. Basil nutrients also help enhance the gastric mucosal membrane protection. This therefore helps in the management of gastric ulcers.
Helps in diabetes
Basil leaves and tea are known to help lower blood fat levels. It also stabilizes blood sugar levels.
Antibacterial and antiviral
Basil leaves and tea help detoxify the body and protect against infections by strengthening the immune system.
Basil leaves and tea support respiratory health. It helps relieve congestion and has mild antiseptic properties. It can help treat colds, coughs and other respiratory ailments.
Basil leaves and tea can help conditions that can be caused by inflammation, such as asthma and rheumatoid arthritis. Therefore it helps realize pain relief. It helps fight free radicals, inflammation and helps fight infections.
Basil leaves and tea help to speed up the healing of skin diseases. Its rich antioxidant team helps prevent damage caused by inflammation and bacterial infections.
Weight loss and cholesterol reduction
Basil leaves and tea can be used as part of a weight loss program. It helps improve digestion and reduces fat deposition in body tissues. So weight loss happens naturally.
Mental health enhancement
Basil leaves and tea are rich in antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals that damage brain cells. It is also good for cardiovascular health as it helps prevent hardening of the arteries. The resulting improvements contribute to the blood supply with a large amount of oxygen and vital nutrients.
Cardiovascular health promotion
Basil leaves and tea are known to have a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system. It helps prevent and remove cholesterol deposits from the arteries. Hence its cardiovascular protective effect. Thus, it helps prevent diseases like stroke, heart attack and high blood pressure.
Therefore, basil leaves and tea can be used to prevent many chronic degenerative diseases. It is recommended to use it as part of your meals.
- How To Control Diabetes Naturally – Pentaglax Healthy FoodsThere are many natural remedies for diabetes food that can help to lower blood sugar levels and keep diabetes under control. Eating the right foods isContinue reading “How To Control Diabetes Naturally – Pentaglax Healthy Foods”
- The Arthritis Natural Solution ebookThe Arthritis Natural Solution ebook is a step by step guide that offers remedies for arthritis. It is a comprehensive guide that provides users with naturalContinue reading “The Arthritis Natural Solution ebook”
- Foods Good For Joints and Cartilage – Pentaglax Healthy FoodsSome popular foods that are thought to be beneficial for joints and cartilage include oily fish, such as salmon and tuna, leafy green vegetables, such asContinue reading “Foods Good For Joints and Cartilage – Pentaglax Healthy Foods”
- Natural Ways to Lower Blood Pressure at Home – Pentaglax Healthy FoodsHigh blood pressure, also called hypertension, is a serious health condition that can lead to heart disease, stroke, and other serious health problems. If you haveContinue reading “Natural Ways to Lower Blood Pressure at Home – Pentaglax Healthy Foods”
- 10 Best Foods to Eat For Arthritis and Joint Pain – Pentaglax Healthy FoodsSome foods that are good for arthritis include fish, fruits and vegetables, herbs, and whole grains. These foods are beneficial because they are low in inflammation-causingContinue reading “10 Best Foods to Eat For Arthritis and Joint Pain – Pentaglax Healthy Foods”