Celery belongs to the Apiaceae or Umbelliferae family consisting mostly of aromatic flowering plants. It is rich in nutrients that are highly beneficial to most body systems, including the cardiovascular, respiratory, and digestive. The rich fiber content helps lower bad cholesterol in the body and also improves digestive function. Other members of the Apiaceae or Umbelliferae family are parsley and carrots. Celery is also known as a low-calorie food hence suitable for a weight loss program.
Celery is known to be rich in minerals and vitamins. It is also high in fiber with a low glycemic index. Therefore it is suitable for diabetics. It also contains vitamins A, C and K. Minerals such as manganese and potassium are also available. Due to its low sodium content, it is suitable for people with high blood pressure.
Also check 7 Health Benefits of Apricots
You need 1 bunch of celery to prepare the healthy green juice. Make sure you rinse it first before blending. The juice has healing powers as it supplies the body with a number of vital nutrients and helps in detoxification. A 3 day juice cleanse has been praised to help promote weight loss through burning excess fat. It has also increased nitric oxide which is beneficial to the cardiovascular system health.
Benefits of Celery Juice
Celery is high in antioxidants, which also have powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Health issues that can benefit include arthritis, allergies, asthma, osteoporosis and heart disease, as inflammation is believed to be one of the hallmarks. These antioxidants help protect the body’s cells from free radical damage.
Also check Freedom From Arthritis Naturally ebook
Hair and Skin
Celery is known to be rich in vitamin A, which is used in many skin care products. It is also a powerful antioxidant that helps prevent damage to skin cells from the effects of free radicals from the environment. Therefore, it can be added to skin care preparations for wrinkles, dark spots, acne scars.
Celery is also useful in promoting hair health due to its rich vitamin A content and water. This leads to hydration of the scalp and hair. Dandruff can be treated and other hair and scalp conditions.
Also check 9 Extraordinary Panax Ginseng Tea Benefits
Celery nutrients play a crucial role in promoting liver health. They help the liver produce enzymes that help break down fat and also aid in their elimination with other toxins. This helps reduce fat build-up and also increases liver efficiency.
Blood Pressure Lowering
Celery is rich in vitamins and minerals that promote health. Some of these are vitamin A, vitamin K, potassium, manganese, folic acid, molybdenum, pantothenic acid and fiber. Some of these nutrients help lower blood pressure, e.g. potassium and phthalides.
Celery is a vegetable composed mostly of water, nutrients, and fiber. Hence, this promotes digestive health and also aids in lowering bad cholesterol in the body tissues and organs. Hence we get the weight loss experience.
Also check 10 Amazing Health Benefits of Eating Yoghurt
Celery is high in fiber and nutrients that can benefit the gut microbiome. The gut bacteria feed on fiber, which is abundant in celery. Its nutrients may also help protect and promote a healthy protective gut lining.
Celery is high in phthalates. These substances can help promote restful sleep and are therefore useful for insomnia.
Celery is high in nutrients like phthalides, which are known to help lower bad LDL cholesterol in the body. This cholesterol normally builds up in the arteries and leads to atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries. This leads to blockages and narrowing of the arteries in the cardiovascular system. This can therefore promote high blood pressure, heart problems and strokes.
Also check 10 Remarkable Health Benefits of Amaranth
Antiseptic and Antibacterial Effect
Celery extract can be used as an antiseptic and antibacterial agent. It can be used to promote wound healing.
Celery is rich in flavonoids. These flavonoids, e.g. luteolin, may have the ability to prevent the spread of cancer cells and can also induce cell death.
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It …
- 7 Benefits of Black Pepper- Pentaglax Home RemediesBlack pepper(Piper Nigrum L) is rich in antioxidants, especially piperine, which has been found to help neutralize free radicals that can damage the body’s cells and cause disease. This compound …
- Depression: Brightening Your Mood With Food – Pentaglax Home RemediesDepression is actually a mental illness that is characterized by gloom over virtually every aspect of an individuals life. The body, mood and and thoughts are all involved. It has …