Arginine is an amino acid. It is known to regulate a compound in the blood called nitric oxide. This compound is responsible for regulating blood flow in the arteries, including sexual arousal. It allows blood vessels to relax hence lowering high blood pressure.
Erectile dysfunction is also called impotence. This refers to a condition where erections are difficult get and to maintain long enough to have sex. This can be an uncomfortable problem for many men. It is common for men of all ages. This is a common problem in our society today due to poor health habits and lifestyle. It is most common in people between the ages of 40 and 70. However, if the exact cause is identified and sound interventions are implemented, the problem can be reversed.
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction can be manifested by 1) Loss in sexual desire 2) impotence, and 3) inability to maintain an erection during full sexual intercourse.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction
Some of the main contributing factors to erectile dysfunction occurrence in our society today include:
- The use of some medications
- The bad health effects of prolonged smoking
- The consumption of alcohol and its negative impact on health
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Injuries to nerves or the spinal cord
- Stress levels and depression
- Decreased levels of testosterone
- Aging process
Erectile Dysfunction Remedies
Positive Lifestyle Adjustments
1. Check on your weight. Obesity may also be one of the predisposing factors
2. You’ve got to stop the habit of smoking. This may in the long run promote narrowing of the arteries and hence poor blood flow.
3. Exercise is vital to the improvement of the cardiovascular system health.
4. Alcohol and drugs are also not friendly in the long term health of your cardiovascular system.
5. Stress levels must also be checked and kept to a minimum.
6. Avoid the excessive consumption of sugary and processed foods.
7. Consume foods that are rich in the amino acid arginine.
8. Consume food that are rich in zinc.
Check out A Practical Guide to Healthy Living
Foods Rich in Arginine
Viagra works by blocking an enzyme called PDE-5, which breaks down nitric oxide. This nitric oxide is used by the body to fill the penis with blood during an erection.
Arginine is the main source of nitric oxide in the body. Increased blood flow during intercourse helps men achieve and maintain an erection.
Some of the common foods that are rich in Arginine include:
- Brazil nuts
- Sesame seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
Foods Rich in Zinc
The male reproductive system must have enough zinc to fully develop and maintain. It has been found that men who are deficient in zinc tend to have underdeveloped testicles and low sperm counts. Therefore, zinc is very important for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Some of the food sources that are rich in zinc include:
- Chia seeds
- Lean beef
- Sunflower seeds
- Dark chocolate
- Dairy products
- Soy bean
- Cashew nuts
- Sweet potatoes
- Hemp seeds
People with viral infections such as herpes should not take arginine supplements. They also recommend avoiding foods high in arginine but low in the amino acid lysine. This appears to encourage the growth of some viruses.
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to …
- 7 Benefits of Black Pepper- Pentaglax Home RemediesBlack pepper(Piper Nigrum L) is rich in antioxidants, especially piperine, which has been found to help neutralize free radicals that can damage the body’s cells and cause disease. This compound is also useful as …
- Depression: Brightening Your Mood With Food – Pentaglax Home RemediesDepression is actually a mental illness that is characterized by gloom over virtually every aspect of an individuals life. The body, mood and and thoughts are all involved. It has become quiet common in …