Basil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more.
Basil Nutritional Facts
Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to deliver the health-promoting properties of the leaves, teas and oils. It contains iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, beta carotene, vitamins B1, B2, B3, C and E.
Basil leaves and Tea Health Benefits
Basil leaves are rich in health-promoting nutrients with a wide range of benefits. Some health conditions that may benefit from basil tea include:
The benefits of basil leaves and tea include helping our body cells against free radical damage. It is suspected that free radicals or byproducts of the oxidation process can damage the DNA of healthy cells. As a result, some of these cells can go rogue and grow ceaselessly, causing tissue damage. The antioxidant nutrients in basil help counteract this cellular damage process. Vitamins C and E are known to be powerful antioxidants. Minerals such as zinc and selenium are also useful in this context.
Basil leaves and tea are known to promote good digestion. They are used as part of our daily cooking spices in most dishes. They promote appetite, digestion and blood circulation. Basil nutrients also help enhance the gastric mucosal membrane protection. This therefore helps in the management of gastric ulcers.
Helps in diabetes
Basil leaves and tea are known to help lower blood fat levels. It also stabilizes blood sugar levels.
Antibacterial and antiviral
Basil leaves and tea help detoxify the body and protect against infections by strengthening the immune system.
Basil leaves and tea support respiratory health. It helps relieve congestion and has mild antiseptic properties. It can help treat colds, coughs and other respiratory ailments.
Basil leaves and tea can help conditions that can be caused by inflammation, such as asthma and rheumatoid arthritis. Therefore it helps realize pain relief. It helps fight free radicals, inflammation and helps fight infections.
Basil leaves and tea help to speed up the healing of skin diseases. Its rich antioxidant team helps prevent damage caused by inflammation and bacterial infections.
Weight loss and cholesterol reduction
Basil leaves and tea can be used as part of a weight loss program. It helps improve digestion and reduces fat deposition in body tissues. So weight loss happens naturally.
Mental health enhancement
Basil leaves and tea are rich in antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals that damage brain cells. It is also good for cardiovascular health as it helps prevent hardening of the arteries. The resulting improvements contribute to the blood supply with a large amount of oxygen and vital nutrients.
Cardiovascular health promotion
Basil leaves and tea are known to have a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system. It helps prevent and remove cholesterol deposits from the arteries. Hence its cardiovascular protective effect. Thus, it helps prevent diseases like stroke, heart attack and high blood pressure.
Therefore, basil leaves and tea can be used to prevent many chronic degenerative diseases. It is recommended to use it as part of your meals.
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, …