Boswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for therapeutic purposes. People use Boswellia serrata to treat osteoarthritis.
Gum resin is a part of Boswellia serrata commonly used medicinally. Important phytochemical and nutritional constituents include limonene, carvone, borneol, boswellic acid, farnesol, and geraniol. Many of its healing benefits are due to these powerful nutrients.
Benefits of Boswellia Serrata
Reducing inflammation and swelling
Boswellia serrata is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Some of these include limonene, geraniol, caryophyllene, farnesol, boswellic acid and borneol. If inflammation persists, it helps relieve inflammation and pain. Conditions that can be alleviated include joint pain, arthritis, gout, back pain, myositis and fibromyalgia.
Protects the liver
Boswellia serrata antioxidants help protect the liver from damage due to free radicals.
Reducing high blood sugar
Boswellia serrata is known to help lower blood fat levels. It also stabilizes blood sugar levels. Hence, it is useful in treating diabetes.
Boswellia serrata helps detoxify the body and strengthens the immune system to protect against infection. This is due to the powerful antioxidants it contains.
Boswellia serata benefits arthritis. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory due to its rich combinations of phytonutrients antioxidants. It may be useful in:
- knee pain relief
- chronic pain management
- natural pain relief
Both osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout may obtain relief.
Obesity and weight loss
Boswellia serrata reduces the deposition of bad cholesterol in the body. Therefore, it can be used as part of a weight loss program. It helps to improve digestion and reduce the accumulation of fat in body tissues. Therefore, weight loss occurs naturally.
Protects against skin aging
Boswellia serrata helps speed up the healing of skin conditions. The groups rich antioxidants prevent damage caused by inflammation and bacterial infections.
Boswellia serrata phytonutrients help lower bad LDL cholesterol in the body. On the other hand, it also increases the good HDL cholesterol. Therefore, it is beneficial for cardiovascular health as it prevents atherosclerosis. Boswellia serrata helps prevent conditions such as heart problems, memory problems and high blood pressure.
Boosting mental health
Boswellia serrata has been shown to help improve cognitive function. It helps restore blood vessels damaged by inflammation. Boswellia serrata also stimulates chemical pathways in the brain. As such, it can also help with conditions such as depression.
Supporting cardiovascular health
Boswellia serrata is known to have beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system. It helps to prevent and eliminate the accumulation of cholesterol in the blood vessels. Boswellia also helps repair blood vessels damaged by inflammation. Hence the cardiovascular protective effect. Therefore, it helps prevent diseases like stroke, heart attack and high blood pressure.
Benefits of frankincense oil
Frankincense essential oil has anti-anxiety, immune-enhancing and anti-aging properties. It can be used cosmetically, medicinally and to kill bacteria on surfaces and in the air.
Boswellia serrata is a multifunctional herb that promotes health. It is an important plant in Ayurvedic medicine. It is also called Indian incense.
One response to “Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home Remedies”
- 10 Extraordinary Sesame Seeds Health Benefits- Pentaglax Home RemediesSesame seeds are one of the oldest crops in the world and have been used in traditional medicine for centuries. They are an excellent source of essential nutrients, including magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc. …
- 10 Unbelievable Caraway Seeds Health Benefits – Pentaglax Home RemediesCaraway is the dried fruit of the caraway plant, native to Europe and Asia. The seeds have a pungent flavor similar to anise and are used to flavor a variety of dishes, from bread …
- 10 Benefits of Grapes to Your Health – Pentaglax Home RemediesGrapes has many health benefits, including blood pressure control, weight loss, skin health, hair health, blood sugar regulation and cardiovascular health. Nutrition Facts of Grapes Grapes are nutritionally dense. It is rich in vitamins, …
- Boswellia Health Benefits and Chronic Pain Management – Pentaglax Home RemediesBoswellia serrata or frankinsence contains chemicals that can lower inflammation, pain, reduce swelling and improve the body’s immune response. Extracts of Boswellia serrata juice, bark and other plant parts have been used orally for …
- 10 Incredible Basil Benefits and Uses – Pentaglax Home RemediesBasil benefits and uses include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, aids digestion, regulates blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, reduces weight, and more. Basil Nutritional Facts Basil is rich in vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. It all works together to …